Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

"Crazy for Pumpkin" pancakes.

From Hungry Girl....

Ingredients:

1/3 cup regular oats (not quick or instant)

1/2 cup egg whites

1 tbsp. fat-free cottage cheese

2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

2 packets of Splenda

Directions: Blend all ingredients together with a hand mixer or blender. Spray your pan with nonstick spray and cook on medium/high heat until bubbly. Then flip your giant pancake and finish it off until golden brown. Top with sugar-free syrup. The entire recipe (minus the syrup) has just 190 calories and 2g of fat.

Hungry Girl's Brownie Secret

I do have a little brownie secret that I like to share. By now it feels like everyone should know about this, but apparently they don't. You simply take a box of devil's food cake mix, another chocolate cake mix or a brownie mix (find the one with the lowest fat!!!), and mix a 15-oz. can of pure pumpkin into it with nothing else -- no egg, no oil -- NOTHING. Then, bake 'em according to the box, minus about five minutes, and you'll get the thickest, FUDGIEST treats ever! I call these Yum Yum Brownies (or Yum Yum Brownie Muffins). What I like best about using pumpkin is that the brownies come out super-thick and moist, and are definitely healthier because they have less fat and more fiber. As for other brownie recommendations -- I love Vitalicious VitaBrownies (100 calories, low in fat, packed with fiber), No Pudge! Fat Free Fudge Brownie Mix (great made with pumpkin or prepared according to the box's instructions), and Luna's Caramel Nut Brownie bar (190 calories, 6g fat). All are great ways to kick a brownie craving...

Turkey and Spinach burgers!!

Thanks to David Kirsch 'New york body plan' book ;)

6 ounces of no fat turkey breast

Half a cup of chopped spinach, Sauteed and Drained

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Pinch grated Nutmeg

Combine all ingredients and form into a burger. Grill or broil 4/5 minutes on each side or until cooked through..

So yummy! Take it to work.. Have it on the run! Very filling ;)

Another Burger but.. TUNA!! (Thanks to David Kirsch)

1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots

6 ounces of tuna steak, Cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/4 cup grated daikon radish

1 lightly beaten egg white

Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, Combine all ingredients until well blended. Form into a burger.

Grill 2/3 minutes on each side (or until desired doneness)

Taste's as good as it looks!! :p

jenscats5 said:
Hungry Girl's Brownie Secret

I do have a little brownie secret that I like to share. By now it feels like everyone should know about this, but apparently they don't. You simply take a box of devil's food cake mix, another chocolate cake mix or a brownie mix (find the one with the lowest fat!!!), and mix a 15-oz. can of pure pumpkin into it with nothing else -- no egg, no oil -- NOTHING. Then, bake 'em according to the box, minus about five minutes, and you'll get the thickest, FUDGIEST treats ever! I call these Yum Yum Brownies (or Yum Yum Brownie Muffins). What I like best about using pumpkin is that the brownies come out super-thick and moist, and are definitely healthier because they have less fat and more fiber. As for other brownie recommendations -- I love Vitalicious VitaBrownies (100 calories, low in fat, packed with fiber), No Pudge! Fat Free Fudge Brownie Mix (great made with pumpkin or prepared according to the box's instructions), and Luna's Caramel Nut Brownie bar (190 calories, 6g fat). All are great ways to kick a brownie craving...

Oh, I am so going to try this tomorrow! I NEED a chocolate craving satisfied and this sounds so-o-o-o good! :chomp:

takniteasy said:
Oh, I am so going to try this tomorrow! I NEED a chocolate craving satisfied and this sounds so-o-o-o good! :chomp:

Tell me how it turns out....I'm curious.....

Jens you might like this.. (Thanks to Dr.Gillian Mckeith..)

Lemon Mousse.. ;)

Serves 4
4 whole lemons

4 ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and mashed

juice of half a lemon

250g pitted dates

2 tbsp Maple syrup

zest of 1 lemon

1. With a very sharp knife remove the skin from one of the lemons, Leaving the body of the lemon whole. Cut in half and remove the seeds.
Repeat with all the lemons.

2. Place all the ingredients, except the lemon zest, in a food processor and blend until smooth. Spoon into dessert dishes and chill for 2 hours in the fridge.

3. Serve garnished with lemon zest!!

ITS SOOOOOOOO YUM!!!! :p

CINNAMON RICE PUDDING Thanks to Dr.Gillian Mckeith

325g long grain brown rice

1.5 litres rice milk

1 cinnamon stick, broken in half

juice and zest of 1 lemon

1. Place the rice, rice milk, cinnamon and lemon juice in a medium sized pan. Bring to the boil, Lower the heat and shimmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little more rice milk if required. The rice should be very tender and the liquid well absorbed.

2. Serve hot or cold sprinkled with lemon zest!

Ilk said:
CINNAMON RICE PUDDING Thanks to Dr.Gillian Mckeith

325g long grain brown rice

1.5 litres rice milk

1 cinnamon stick, broken in half

juice and zest of 1 lemon

1. Place the rice, rice milk, cinnamon and lemon juice in a medium sized pan. Bring to the boil, Lower the heat and shimmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little more rice milk if required. The rice should be very tender and the liquid well absorbed.

2. Serve hot or cold sprinkled with lemon zest!

what is 325g in cups/ounces?? and how many cups are 1.5 litres?

jenscats5 said:
what is 325g in cups/ounces?? and how many cups are 1.5 litres?

g.. Is Grams.. You should have Grams in a food scale.. No???

I'll find out what size cup and how much from my mum... I'll find out the Litre question too! Won't be long!!! :heart:

Top Bottom