Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

I just bought my first of protein powered (vanilla). Went by directions and not terrible with just water, but not so hot either. I also tried it with skim milk and added some frozen berries I had in the freezer for a replacement meal and it could of been better but way to many seeds. Any more suggestions/recipes that someone could share with me?

P.S. How can you get the thread to show you most recent post when you go in? Every time I come into the recipe site I have to go to the last page.

Thanks in advance.

sbt2082 said:
Yeah the possibilities here are endless :p

Lets see, some of my favorites include:
1) Vanilla PP, 1/2 banana, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2) Vanilla or choc PP and berries (any kind they are all good)
3) Vanilla or choc PP, 6 oz coffee

Those are just a few of the really good ones, you can also try adding in just a tbl of some SF/FF pudding mixes to change variety around and it makes it a little thicker too ;)

I had just went in and asked this question agian because I couldn't find any responses. Having trouble because I have to go to last page...anyway...these sound very good but do you just add water? or skim milk or just ice??

KSHARP01 said:
I had just went in and asked this question agian because I couldn't find any responses. Having trouble because I have to go to last page...anyway...these sound very good but do you just add water? or skim milk or just ice??

Depending on your macro allottment for your meal plan, you can use ice + skim milk or ice + water.....

Grilled Sweet Potato Packets Recipe

2 large sweet potatoes
1 large red onion
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lime cut into 6 wedges

Peel the sweet potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Slice each half into 1/2-inch thick slices. Peel red onion and cut in half. Cut each half into wedges. Combine all ingredients except lime in a large bowl and toss to coat.

Set out six 12x14-inch sheets of aluminum foil, shiny side down. Divide potato mixture evenly and place in the center of each foil sheet. Place one lime wedge in each packet. Fold top over potatoes and crimp sides of foil to seal.

Grill packets over medium heat (or bake at 350 degrees) for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Makes 6 servings

I have seen allot of you talking about eating brown rice so last night I cook enough chicken for the week and some brown rice.....The rice was less than desirable. Any suggestions to give it a bit of flavor?? Keep in mind that I am from Louisiana and we don't tend to eat things without allot of flavor. I never even heard of anyone eating brown rice and wasn't even sure if it would be sold at the store. :) I am just looking for several things I can eat so I don't get burnt out for one and for things that are quick and easy so I can take to work with me for lunch. Thanks!

KSHARP01 said:
I have seen allot of you talking about eating brown rice so last night I cook enough chicken for the week and some brown rice.....The rice was less than desirable. Any suggestions to give it a bit of flavor?? Keep in mind that I am from Louisiana and we don't tend to eat things without allot of flavor. I never even heard of anyone eating brown rice and wasn't even sure if it would be sold at the store. :) I am just looking for several things I can eat so I don't get burnt out for one and for things that are quick and easy so I can take to work with me for lunch. Thanks!

Mix in any type of veggies, salsa and/or spices......brown rice can tend to be a little dry when reheating, so I like to add a touch of water/broth to moisten it up......

jenscats5 said:
Mix in any type of veggies, salsa and/or spices......brown rice can tend to be a little dry when reheating, so I like to add a touch of water/broth to moisten it up......

Thanks I'll try that!!

Also last night I tried something different.

Tuna Cakes

2 cans of tuna(in water)drained
1/4 cup light mayo
mix in smashed up wheat crackers & season to taste
add some water to it but you want it to be fairly dry
then throw in ice box for about 30 mins.
Take out and make into patties and fry in light olive oil until both sides are brown.
Was very tasty
:p

Asparagus Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe

2 slices bread
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 (4 ounce) turkey breast cutlets
12 asparagus spears, trimmed
1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chopped green onion
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup skim milk

Toast bread and process in a food processor or blender into bread crumbs. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish and set aside to dry out.

Flatten turkey cutlets between waxed paper using a meat mallet or rolling pin to an even thickness. Microwave asparagus on high for 1 minute to soften. Combine cream cheese, garlic, onion, tarragon and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Place three asparagus spears on each cutlet and top with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture. Tightly roll cutlets from shorter side and secure with toothpicks.

Combine egg and milk and mix well. Dip rolled turkey breasts in egg mixture then dredge in bread crumbs. Place in a shallow baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.

Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 stuffed cutlet

QUICK CINNAMON RAISIN BRAN MUFFINS

1 scoop (24g) Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
2 tablespoons Oat Flour (or oatbran)
1 tablespoon All Bran Cereal
1 tablespoon Raisins
1 tablespoon crushed Walnuts
¼ teaspoon aluminum free Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Stevia or preferred sweetener to taste
½ cup water

Mix all into small glass cereal bowl - Microwave for 2 minutes. Very moist and filling. Bran and nuts tend to settle to the bottom.

Sun-Dried Tomato and Garlic Chicken

Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

15-18 garlic cloves

1 onion, sliced

1 green pepper, sliced

1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped

1/4 cup white wine

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions:

Rinse and cut all visible fat off of chicken breasts.

Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat over medium heat. Mince 2 of the garlic cloves, and place them in the skillet with the chicken breast in the skillet. Surround the chicken with the remaining garlic cloves.

Cook the chicken for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken and garlic cloves are browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.

Lay the onions, green peppers, and tomatoes over garlic cloves in baking pan (9-13-inch). Arrange the chicken over the tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and garlic. Pour wine and broth over chicken, and sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Serve chicken breasts with the vegetables and pan juices.

Top Bottom