Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

Ok this is so easy but OMG so good.

Boil califlower tell trender drain most of the water but leave a little in bottom of pot take a hand blender and blend.

Sprinkle with a little moly mcbutter and you have faux mashed potatoes.

superqt4u2nv said:
Ok this is so easy but OMG so good.

Boil califlower tell trender drain most of the water but leave a little in bottom of pot take a hand blender and blend.

Sprinkle with a little moly mcbutter and you have faux mashed potatoes.
You can also add cottage cheese for protein and puree the cauliflower in the food processer to get the same faux mashed potatoes feel.

Mashed sweet taters and pumkin this is like a dessert to me :D

3 large sweet taters skinned cut in quarters and boilded
1 can of pumkin puree (nothing added label should read just pumkin :) )
I use then hand blender to mash it up and mix it all together then add to taste
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Cloves
Sweetener (stiva or splenda)

jenscats5 said:
Hungry Girl's Brownie Secret
I love Vitalicious VitaBrownies (100 calories, low in fat, packed with fiber), No Pudge! Fat Free Fudge Brownie Mix (great made with pumpkin or prepared according to the box's instructions), and Luna's Caramel Nut Brownie bar (190 calories, 6g fat). All are great ways to kick a brownie craving...

No Pudge is good, I can find it in Hannford ... They also carry a sweet-and-low sugar free low fat cake mix.

Here are two of my favorite 'South Beach Diet' recipes:

Fake Mashed 'Potatoes'

4 cups cauliflower florets
1 ounce butter flavored cooking spray
1 ounce fat free half and half
salt and pepper to taste

Steam or microwave cauliflower until soft. Puree in a food processor, add cooking spray and half & half to taste. Season with salt/pepper. Yields about 4 servings.

Candied Sweet Potatoes

2 Sweet Potatoes (white)
3 tbls butter or substitute of choice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp nutmeg (may vary to taste)
1 tsp cinnamon (may vary to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Peel sweet potatoes. Slice into 'bite sized' pieces. Slowly melt butter in skillet. Mix brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. When the butter has melted completely thoroughly stir in the sweet potatoes and sugar mix. Turn heat to low and cover. Stir occassionally to prevent burning. Cook for about an hour. Stir in vanilla before serving. Yields about 4 servings.

Seems like fall is in the air with all the mock mashed potato recipes lately.....

In honor of said event - I roasted up a TON of veggies tonite.......eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, bell peppers & brussel sprouts......Just toss the cut up veggies (large slices or chunks, leave mushrooms whole) with some salt, pepper & olive oil & roast @ 375 for 35-45 minutes or until cooked down.....YUM!!

SPINACH SOUP From Dr.Gillians Cookbook..

Serves 4..

1 onion, Peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp olive oil
500g fresh Spinach
1 wheat-free vegetable stock cube
1 handful parsley stalks
fresh nutmeg, to taste
250ml soya milk (optional)
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 handful fresh baby spinach leaves

1. Place the onion, Oilve oil and 1 tablespoon of water in a large pan. Cook over a low to moderate hest for 2-3 minutes until soft.

2. Add the spinach, 500ml of boiling water, the stock cube and parsley stalks and cook for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool slighty, Then blend in a food processor or with a hand-held blender until smooth.

3. Return to the pan, Season with a little nutmeg, Stir in the soya milk (or 250ml water) and reheat gently.

4.Divide between warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with the pumpkin seeds and raw baby spinach leaves.

Yum!! I make this 3 times a week.. Its nice cold too! ;)

Top Bottom