Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question on fibre.

Enock

Question on Fibre.

Is fibre added into the total carb count.

Say something has 7 grams fibre and 3 grams sugar.
Is the total carb count 10 or 3. Do they only count the product as having 12 calories since the fibre cannot be digested? or do they go ahead and say its 40 calories. Since fibre always seems to be listed under carbs indented on most food panels. It makes it seem as though it is counted into the total carb count.

Furthering this many keto diets suggest that you can subtract the the fibre from the carb count of food items you eat. If this were the case then it would mean it is included into the total carb count and also counted in as 4 calories a gram which doesn't really make sense since it cannot be diggested and therefore shoudn't be counted for caloric value.

I would be able to discover what how they include it based on nutritional panels but, those panels have a fair amount of inaccuracy to begin with and often don't add up correctly.

It all depends on what type of diet your are on, as to whether or not you are going to account for fiber. All diets should allow a minimum amount of fiber however.

Normally, fiber is not counted as a carb. As long as you don't overdo it.

Actually I'm more interested in whether or not they count it in the Calorie totals or not, Since that relates to whether they count it as a carb or not. It doesn't make sense that they would but at the same time I think they might be.

Bumping on up.....

Do they for some reason, count Fiber in as part of the total carbs which then gets computeded into calories.

Example

imaginary food:
calories 12
protien 1
Total carbs 3
Sugar 1
Fiber 1

Now is the total carbs 3 because it has 1 sugar carb 1 non-sugar carb and 1 fiber carb. Then for some reason they just add up carbs n protein to get the 12K value?
Even though since the fiber carb is not digested it would really have a coloric value of 8

Or is the imaginary food 1 sugar carb 2 non-sugar carbs 1 protien. So it does add up to 12K

Its misleading because they indent fiber under total carbs as if that value was calculated into the carb count. But that doesn't make sense (adding total fat total protein and total carb does give the right colorie value). Since The Fiber Carb cannot be broken down.

No what is it? This is not a keto question. I don't give a damn that they don't count the fiber carbs in keto diets all I want to understand is if FDA labels for some reason add carb count from Fiber into caloric value, it wouldn't surprise me if they did even though it would be wrong, since there are many things they do wrong.

Fiber is non-digestable. Digestion requires calories, thus it's innacurate to count fiber calories as part of overall calories.

Gah thanks for answering, but still doesn't answer my question.

I know it would be innaccuarete. All I need is a simple YES or NO.

There are alot of innaccurate things that the gov does so it wouldn't surprise me if they wrongly computer the fiber carbs into the meals total carbs (hence the identation suggestiong that fiber is apart of their figure for total carbs)

I know that adding up a foods fat,protein and total carbs yields the same number of calories as stated (in most cases not all)

They indent the fiber in the total carbs column that is the only reason I believe they may add it into the total fiber thus making their final calorie numbers wrong.

Don't think the FDAs labels would be so innaccurate?

Roats Beef lucheon meet
Serving size 1 slice
Servings per container 8

Calories 35
15 from fat

Now it also states it has
7 grams of protein per slice.
7*4(21) + 15(from fat) 36 already totals wrong however

It also states it has 1 carb sugar
so

7*4(21) + 15(from fat) +4(sugar) = 40
(can't remember fat grams but yo can assum from number of calories)

The label is off.

This along with gummy bears serving saying

Serving size 3 pieces
Servings per container 3

Now theres way more than 9 gummi bears in a container (this is from one of the buy 2 for a buck plastic bag type candies, you know you can choose candy neclases ect..).

I should probably write the company get some free bears but that wouldn't help my diet any.

On the label it's added into the total count. Low-carb fiends and Atkins types subtract the fiber grams when they count their total carbs for the day. Since most keto and low-carb people don't count calories at the same time, the total calorie count isn't a big deal.

Top Bottom