Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protien shakes/ Eating meals *HELP*

Xtreme2001

Sometimes I dont have enough time to either Eat a full meal or have the stomach to take down all that food. As stupid as this might be, if I were to take a shake (N'large) which holds 52g of protein and 600 cal per 4 scoops. Would that be equivilent to having a meal? or should I still be eating that meal?
I get so hot sometimes that I can't eat anything but just want to drink stuff. Will I be still getting enough protien etc from the shakes as I would with food?

I'm on a bulking cycle so that's why I ask.

Thanks.

if you cant eat, throw in the shake, i would add something in the shake to bring up the calories a bit, ice cream, whole milk, bananas and other fruit are all good choices

agree food is always superior (minerals ...ect......) but a good shake is not that bad too... but why dont you try Tuna cans ? Easy to carry...cheap as well....

You should be eating 6-7 meals a day. There is nothing wrong with a protein shake serving as 2 or even 3 of those meals per day IMO. With the NLarge2, typically I only use 2 scoops in 10 oz of milk (still ~35g-40g of Protein) with a banana and flax oil. I will usually have a shake first thing in the am, post workout and just before bed.

Just make the most of your "Real Meals" and drink a lot of H20, particularly after your shakes.

you can substitue protein shakes for meals if you don't have time to eat a whole meal....just make sure you don't do it all the time. You should only drink about 2 shakes every day, maybe three at the most since you're bulking....as far as you just wanting to drink stuff...you're getting dehydrated, you need to drink 1.5-2 or 3 gallons of water each day.

Xtreme

I try to eat 3 "hard" meals = real food and then 3 or 4 "soft" meals = shakes a day.

Make sure the shakes are enough calories though. A lot of people think that a shake with water or juice and the protein powder is enough.

However in my case, (and with anyone who needs calories), they are not.

I make the shakes 2 different ways or calorie amounts depending if I am in a bulking cycle or not.

Currently, I make mine like this, I am in a bulking cycle.

12 ozs of 2% milk
2 large whole eggs
1 scoop of ice cream
1/2 banana
a couple of strawberries, some blueberries.
and of course the protein powder.

making your shakes like this will get you around 600-900 calories, lots of protein.

Try some b-12 or periactin to increase your appetite, that might help too.

peace
kd

Re

Xtreme I have the same problem as you. I stay so full all the time. I eat or drink 5 or 6 meals a day. They are small but damn I fill so full. It's feally hard to get all the calories you need. So yes a shake is much better than nothing.

agree food is always superior (minerals ...ect......) but a good shake is not that bad too... but why dont you try Tuna cans ? Easy to carry...cheap as well....

sound nutritional advice and also, due to gun control in the uk, the projectile of choice for close quarter battle.

Top Bottom