Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein quality

max9446

In terms of protein quality, would you say that a protein is a protein (whey, casein, whatever) in terms of getting 1-2 grams per pound (or whatever your shooting for)? What is it mean when its a low quality protein? Is it just cause milk, or those little protein gel shots, or whatever are low on the amino acids? If you get 250 grams of that protein gel and still take amino acid powder, would that be the same as eating 250 grams of high quality protein powder?

It's to do with the amino acid profile and bioavailability that decides how high quality the protein source is

examples of top quality protein sources are:
eggs
chicken
beef
fish
milk
whey isolate

examples of poor quality protein sources are:
nuts
grains
heavily processed animal products such as luncheon meat, tinned sausages etc
beans

imo the best source of protein would be the egg i mean it's created to give life, secondly red meat then fish, lastly and the one i most consume chicken, i don't belive in protein powders much altough i always drink one post workout

Also it must be noted that some proteins are absorbed quicker into the bloodstream than others, a can of tuna will take longer to get into your muscles than a shake with hydroisolate and whey isolate. So some sources are better than others at certain times.

General rule of thumb:
Morning and PWO = Quick absorption
Rest of the day and at night = Medium/Slow absorption

IcE

Top Bottom