Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pronated grip??

luv2workout

Today im starting W6's chest/back routine....

first exercise is Pronated grip chins ---- does that mean wide grip????? Im a dummy.....

One more ? - how do you do seated upright rows?? Ive always done them standing...what's the difference??

you're not a dummy... pronated grip means your palms are facing away from your body, a suppinated grip means your palms are facing towards your body.

I'm not sure if the is any advantage to doign a seated upright row, standing would enable you to do more weight and keep better balance (or at least keep better balance of the bar, if more weight isn't your goal)...

YUM

i think what is meant by seated upright row is like a hammer strength machine where you do rows in a motion that starts low and arcs upwards into your body, for your upper back, since its chest back, not a shoulder workout

luvs...

i'm doing his workout as well...

the seated rows....pull a bench in front of a cable station....do the upward cable while seated on the bench and pull up to forehead....use a short bar...

but, i too, am not sure of benefit to seated vs. standing rows....

it seems to work different back muscles....

wilson6 will have to answer this one for sure...

oh, as far as the benefits of being seated its about the angle, standing youre working your delts because youre pulling the weight pretty much straight up, when youre positioned lower youre pulling more into your body

Help! W6, we need you!

To clarify some things.....about the seated upright rows (I thought these were a shoulder mvmt, btw?)

Another question about the heavy/light weeks.... Today I did Heavy Chest/Light Back...so tomorrow do I do light legs?? alternating b/t light and heavy days or weeks?

The higher your hit your chest on seated rows the more it works shoulders, the lower, by your belly button gets more of your lats. Either wat both are being worked. I do wide grip seated rows to work my shoulder and Regular rows to work my lats.

Hope this helps:)

Yes, the seated uprights do work the shoulder/trap region, but they flow well with the back work so I've put them in there, also depends on how high your bring the straps up during the movement. The seated movement seems to be less stress on the shoulder joint than standing uprights.

Follow light back with heavy legs. If you deadlift heavy, its better to hit legs lighter since the lower back will be fatigued.

W6

Wilson 6.....thanks for clearing that up for me....I understand now

Golfer - you shoulda helped a girl out yesterday at the gym :) think you can show me how to do these correctly? pretty pleeeezzzzzz????????

Top Bottom