Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Prodigal Returns

2Shy

Forgive me, Sisters, for I have sinned. I turned my back on the bars and the iron and abandoned them for my tiny little ball of despair.

In other words, I self destructed yet again, sunk into uber depression and stopped lifting for about four months. This seems to be a cycle with me. Anyway, at the risk of sounding too crazy, I'm seeing someone to help me work out the head stuff. Took awhile, but I think it's taking. I started back at the gym about 6 weeks ago and have been going regularly. I feel confident, excited and ... happy. The latter is a new emotion.

The depressing part is how much strength I lost in those four months. It's coming back quickly, though, so that's good.

It feels good to be back at Elite. I missed my old friends and look forward to making some new ones.

Enough with the maudlin stuff. Let's talk weights.

~2Shy

Well look who the cat dragged in!

10 Hail Marys, 10 Our Fathers, and 10 chicken breasts young lady....really dry ones.

spatts said:
10 Hail Marys, 10 Our Fathers, and 10 chicken breasts young lady....really dry ones.

Can I toss them in a blender with 20 cans of tuna and some protein powder?

... the cat says "meow."

Thanks, Project. I've been lurking for awhile and reading your training journal and keeping abreast of Hannibal's progress toward the next meet, so I've been thinking about you all, too.

Oh, wow. I forgot to give Spatts a HUGE CONGRATS over her world record! You guys, as always, are incredible.

Love the avatar. Looks like my friend's 4-year old (who's cute as a button).

~ 2Shy

Hehehe...don't sweat it. It's pretty easy to set a record when there isn't one to begin with. lol

Save it for next year when I kick my own ass. :devil:

So...........................how's your training? :D

Thanks, JJ. Good to be home.

hmmmm ... Spatts, who was it who told me a PR is a PR no matter what? I imagine the same applies to WRs. :p So there.

When I first started back, I concentrated on compound moves with just a bit of accessory work. My workouts consisted mostly of squats, GMs, bench, seated military raise. I was doing deads, but managed to pull something in my lower left back while shaving my legs (go ahead and laugh). Anyway, I dropped those for a couple of weeks. You probably forgot, but that's where I had my pinched nerve problem at before, so I thought laying off those for a bit was a good idea.

Accessory stuff consists of pull-throughs, back extensions, ab stuff, close-grip bench, chest supported rows and face pulls.

I looked over my old W/O journal. I was so close to achieving my lifting goals when I quit. I hadn't realized that, but it fits right in with past behavior. I am my own worst enemy.

My old bench 1RM was 125. Now it's 85. Squat's down to 115 when it was 125. I did try 120 last Monday. Weight felt fine, but I didn't feel stable with the bar (if that makes any sense) so I re-racked the weight. GMs are at 85. I haven't tried a 1RM with those, nor with deads. Hmmmm ... my accessory work is actually the same or a tad higher than it was when I stopped.

I'm still fascinated by powerlifting. Last time, I was making due with aerobic steps (although I think the bench they have at my gym--which is kind of low--works better now) for boxes and boards. I promised myself that this week I am taking a trip to the depot and making myself something useful.

I figure my old goals are still valid:

GOALS

1. Obtain current body fat percentage.
2. Lower body fat by 10% within the next six months/year. This may be adjusted to a shorter term goal once I have an idea of my progress
3. Do so with a 50/30/30 style diet or cycling carbs. Not sure exactly which will work. Will try 50/30/30 first.
4. Maintain weight loss of about 1 pound per week—this should be fat, not LBM.
5. Complete the first 9 weeks of my WSB program, then evaluate
6. Squat, Dead, Bench & GM at least 135 pounds within the next 3 months. I am only off by 10 pounds on bench already.
7. Attempt a new PR every week, without fail.
8. Achieve that PR!
9. Make new set of goals once #5 and #2 are met.
10. Wake up early every AM for cardio (yuck)
11. DO the cardio!
12. Plan my meals more so it is easier for me and my family to eat “clean.”
13. Be an inspiration to other women at my gym, especially the older or heavier ones, by my work ethic, cheerfulness and willingness to help when asked. Do NOT offer advice if not solicited. Show them women can be strong.
14. Kick the butt of the next high school kid who leaves 360 pounds loaded on the bar! J/k

Top Bottom