Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Personnal trainings...$$$

L

Little Girl

I do some personnal trainings at night, after my job. Usually, I charge for the program, the diet (if they want too), the callipers (%bf) and a complete explanation and demonstration of every movements... Sometimes, people are asking me to come back with them at the gym after a week and the after a month or so to check if the exercices are well done. That's ok with me.

But now, there's a woman who is asking me to train with me 3 times a week, and she will pay for it. I've never saw her before, she found my business card in a supplement store. I don't know if I should accept. And if I accept, what amount should I charge her??? I would have to change my workout hours and I'm actually preparing myself for a powerlifting comp.
So, my questions are:
Should I let her train with me in exchange of money?
If so, how much should I charge her????

Thanks!
Little Girl

standard fare at my gym is $20/hour... guess it depends on how much money you think your time is worth really.

Rich

$20 is an hour is a fair amount, but not if your training is going to suffer. But if you need the $$$$ then take the job, just make sure you don't kill the poor slob....:D :D :D

How serious are you about instruction? It sounds as if your own training is much more important right now and thats totally cool. If thats the case don't bother wasting the perspective clients time - Send em to me. How much you charge is solely dependent on your worth i.e. your certs., your experience and what you are offering. I charge quite a bit more than $20 and if it's a special situaion such as in home training or rehab it's even more.

36STYLES
S.P.

saint808 said:
standard fare at my gym is $20/hour... guess it depends on how much money you think your time is worth really.

Rich
WOW, where do you guys train at? 74$ is the single session rate, at the gym i work at.

Little girl
It depends alot on the area you are in. I live in the Tristate area so things are obviously rather expensive. If you are going to train this person (her working out not you) you should be able to charge at least 30$ per session, depending on the area. If you are going to be workingout w/ her then you can keep it at $20 per session.

I agree. At the gym I work at, on the great plains, trainers are taking home between $30 and $45 an hour, This is after the gym gets it's cut. This is about average here.

If you are working out together I would say that $20 is great but I would be happy with anything espescially considering the fact that you can motivate each other. Getting paid to lift would be a dream job.:)

I worked at a gym where none of the trainers charged under $100/hr. Average was about $125/hr. But you should charge your customer based on competitive prices in your gym.

Top Bottom