Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nutrition thoughts

SuperBug

As many of you know, I'm 5'2", 204 lbs., and I've lost 40 lbs in the last 4 months. I have been doing cardio 3-4x/week and cycling 1-2x/week and I'm gearing up to start more serious weight training (starting BFL Sept. 1).

The diet I've been eating has worked great for me so far, but for the past 2 weeks I've hit a plateau. I wondered if any of you had some suggestions as to how I might modify what I'm eating to help break the plateau.

Here's a very typical menu for me:

8:30am: 4oz. cottage cheese OR 1 yoplait fat free/sugar free yogurt AND a fruit (usually banana or orange), water

11am: soy protein drink

2pm: Lean Cuisine (I know its bad to eat, my schedule makes it hard to do anything else...but I am trying to change it), water

5pm: soy protein drink

8pm: grilled fish or chicken (no sauce), grilled or roasted veggies (asparagus, zucchini, etc), couscous, water. I do use about 1 tbsp of olive oil in the prep. of the meat/veggies

10pm: fat free/sugar free pudding cup OR 1/2 cup low-fat ice cream

This, or a similar variation, usually adds up to between 1500-1800 calories. I generally try to stay on the lower end of the range. I also drink only water throughout the day, at least 128oz.

Any thoughts??

thanks for the suggestions!!...as far as waiting until the 1st, I have a personal goal of being sub-200 pounds before starting BFL and have been on track to make it by the 1st. I know its kooky, and that the scale isn't the real indicator, but I only have 4 pounds to go....so sue me :D

Regarding the diet--

OK, for right now my only goal is to lose fat. After I start BFL that will change somewhat. But for now, fat loss is the goal.

I don't know anything about whey protein. What's the diffference between it and soy?

Do I have to give up the yogurt even if I only eat the fat free/sugar free ones?

Red meat--usually 1x/week, something like a lean steak.

Egg whites--some days I will eat a few hard boiled egg whites here and there....not many though

Fibrous carbs--have only been eating them at 8pm.

Red potato--no, sometimes in place of the couscous, I'll have 1/2 baked potato or I'll sometimes have a sweet potato or rice.

It looks like you're not eating enough. Spat is right in that the weight training will help. Don't get discouraged if you gain a little weight. If you stick to a healthy diet, you'll just end up increasing LBM, but you know that LBM will help lower your BF

thanks spatterson, yep, I have the book and have read through it several times.

I am going to be working out in the morning, 7am M-F, probably 8:30 on the weekend.

As for measuring body fat, I was planning on ordering the caliper suggested in the book (soon, so that I get it in time) but I was wondering if that's the best way to do it, or if I should have it measured a different way (aka by another method or by a professional)?

Top Bottom