Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Diet????

buldogsus

I've been working out for a year now, and I changed my body a lot, but still not completely happy.
I am 5'7'' 170 lbs. ?? BF

My Diet
Breakfast
Granola Cereal
Granola Bar
Apple
Fat free yogurt

Lunch
Chicken Breast sandwhich
Pretzels
Banana

Snack
Fat free yogurt

Dinner
1 can tuna
3-4 egg whites
whey protein shake

I work out 5 times a week.
Cardio 4-5 times as well.
I want to gain more upper body size and lose some in my stomach.

Any suggestions?

My best suggestion is for you to hang around and read all the diet posts for the last few weeks. This will give you a basic understanding from which you can ask more specific questions about your diet.

I've read a bunch of the other diets and it appears as though the Keto diet is the most popular. I don't want to cut out carbs completely, I dont have that many to begin with though. If I did do the Keto diet, what would I have to cut out above, if anything? I know I would have to add more calories and fatty foods, but where should I fit them in? Should I add another meal, or make one of them bigger?
thanks.

thanks rudee. i was thinking about ditching the granola, and replacing it with hardboiled eggs. Also, I was going to lose the chicken sandwhich, and replace it with either tuna or chicken salad, without the bread. How many calories per body pound should I eat? Also, i've seen arguments on this board of whether banana's have too many carb's. Do you guys agree?

Ummmm to do a keto type diet you would need to get rid of the granola, fruit, yogurt, pretzels, and bread. I don't know what size servings you have of each of those foods, but on paper it looks like you have a lot of carbs in your diet. I'm not suggesting you do a keto diet, just want you to know how very different it is from what your eating now. Also, most diets for muscle gain or fat loss require you to eat protein with every meal, and at least 5-6 small meals each day. It looks like you're having a ton of protein for you last meal, and very little through the rest of the day. But again, serving size is important too.

Thanks MS. I don't think a Keto diet is for me. I need the carbs!! Would you recommend a diet that has carbs in the morning and decreases throughout the day? For breakfast today I had a slice of bread w/ peanut butter, a granola bar, and two hardboiled eggwhites. What would anyone recommend for my next meal, and when? Mind you, I work out at night, around 7 PM.
Thanks

I am not an "expert" on nutrition, but I have lost 9 inches on my waist in 5 months. I am always learning, but I think I'm getting this nutrition thing down. Of course, it depends on your goals, but my goals were and still are to lose major fat, while gaining/maintaining muscle. You can check out my site at

www.bodyforlifediaries.com

I have wrote everything I have ate for 5 months. Click on the link "diaries" on the left from the home page. I eat equal carbs/protein. Eat a little less of the carbs most nights, at least that is my goal. And eat more in the morning. It has worked great so far. Like I have said, this is only what I have done, and I am not an expert. I also take one day a week where I can eat what ever I want.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom