Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need to quit being such a pussy...

Thanks girlz! I really let them rattle me, but that won't happen again! Stand tall, VooDoo...or should I call you "VD Lady"? :D J/K

They are probably like that because you single handedly destroyed their precious little self-images. Those guys prob spend most of their time complimenting each other on how big and strong they are.....and they almost certainly believe what they are saying and being told. So when a mere woman walks in and matches or betters their best efforts they dont have a clue how to react......so they go find their buddies and slag you off.....because it makes them feel better.

I think most men who train do it because they want to be alpha-male......that means they are the biggest, meanest soab around. So you took them from being potential alpha-male material to the level of little boys who cant even out-do a woman (afterall men are traditionally seen as the stronger sex). This happens to some extent when powerlifters or olympic lifters in the lighter weight classes lift at bodybuilder orientated gyms. The majority cant deal with the fact that this little, skinny guy is outlifting them......they do the same thing as those guys did to you. Huddle together and try to look like billy badass.

So what do you do? Just go about your business. They arent about to hassle you despite the impression they are trying to give off. Dont buy into their stupid image, and just train. Forget em.....dont act mean towards em, just be polite if you have to interact with them and get on with what you are meant to be doing.

OTCbooty said:
Just back from the gym. Feel like such a schmuck because I'm no wimp, but this group of 'gentlemen' were standing around openly talking about me and leering at me from about 10 ft away and it really threw off my workout. :bawling: So far, the only conversation I'd had with any of them was when the one said "Jeez, you can do more pullups than I can" and I responded something like "yeah, well..."

It really bothered me that they did this, I felt really ganged up on and harassed by it. Is this the human male equivalent of pissing on the equipment to mark their territory??? I did my best to stick out my chin and go about my workout without avoiding their eye contact...but I know I shoulda said "hey, you gotta problem???" Tell me to stop being such a pussy and kick some ass next time!

My husband until recently worked out with me--now we've gone our separate ways gym-wise---and rather than say "I told ya so" he asked "Did ya kick 'em in the nuts?" :) Then he wanted to know if they'd still be there....:rolleyes: Just what I need, a man to fight my battles for me....

Jealous!

That's all it is! I am 107lbs and lift more or almost more than the men in my gym. I can go behind them to use a machine and they'll start taking the 45lbs off for me assuming I can't lift it. And when I do, they stare and talk. It bothered me at first, but now I know it's because I can outlift a lot of those men in my gym. I work out with my husband most of the time so when he's with me, they step off. But my husband notices it too. And we make fun of it. Seeing these men that can barely outlift a 5'2, 107lb woman! I also agree with Voo Doo Lady. I get it from the women mostly. They walk by with their noses in their air. That bothers me because I'm not there to show off, just to get a work out to feel good, look good and take care of myself physically. Sometimes I want to turn around and say "It's not my fault you're a fat ass." But because I don't doesn't make me a pussy. And neither are you. Just ignore them, continue to lift some serious weight, and move on. By not saying anything makes you the bigger person...

Top Bottom