Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need to quit being such a pussy...

I, personally, LIKE when the men at the gym comment on the amount of weight I use. I guess I like attention.

I had an audience the other day doing calve presses......and what was so funny is that when I was done and had moved on, I noticed one of the guys jumped on it and tried to do the weight I did....he kept glancing at me because he wanted to make sure that I didn't see him if he wasn't able to do it..... and, he couldn't!

So, I like the attention - to me it lets them know that I ain't in there to primp around....I mean some serious BIZ... !!

OTC,

That sucks, but be proud of the fact they are insanely jealous. They have 10x the natural testosterone, but can't even make a fraction of the progress. On second thought, based on their childish behaviour, maybe their test levels are in the negatives.

Don't feel bad about not confronting them. They were probably hoping to get a reaction from you, but you didn't give them the satisfaction.

I'm calmer now :)

Until this, I've had nothing but positive experiences with guys in the gym and it really threw me off step. Just to clarify--Since going to this new gym, I've been stared at and gotten comments here and there. This wasn't a bunch of guys standing around saying "damn, what kind of chick uses weight like that." The only incident I've witnessed that was done in the same spirit was when I was in a bar once and a couple of guys were making a big deal over a group of gay men. These guys weren't trying to be flattering or flirtatious, they were being nasty, totally inappropriate, and trying to embarass me. I don't even remember much of what I overheard, but it wasn't real friendly. Being a small-town girl, maybe I'm just too sensitive to this stuff. In my world, folks are either friendly or they act like you don't exist. There's no confrontational shit.

I don't know what is the best thing to do in this situation, but I was determined not to run away with my tail between my legs or get help from some man because I felt they'd win either way. I plan to go about my workouts the same as ever, and if they screw with me again, I'm going to walk up to them and make a scene. IF I can stop being such a pussy.

On the other hand, that's a subdued way of handling it, Spat. If I had kept my cool a little better, that's just the sort of class way I would have LIKED to have handled it. It calls them out, and makes them deal with their behavior without starting shit. If they do it again, I'm gonna start some shit though :mad:.

spatterson said:
When someone's staring at me, I make direct eye contact (for what seems like way too long), smile, and say, "Hi, how's your workout going?" and I keep looking directly at them until they answer me. Then they know I'm not an anti-social bitch, and they also know I've noticed their behavior. That usually ends the gawking, and I've made some spotting friends that way too.

Wow, for someone who says she used to be a real hot head (and has really high test levels, lol) that's a very elegant and calm solution. I bet it can be pretty scary for some of the wimps who typically engage in that type of behavior, too, lol. 170+ pounds of female bone and muscle staring them down. I bet they have to change their shorts after!

Nice!

Wyst

GRRRRRRRRRRRR :redhot: that pisses me off something fierce girl!

LOL i do grunt and shit......and i do put off this "FUCK OFF AND DIE" image when i train.......but some assholes feel the need to fuck with me.......like offer a spot unsolicited WTF??? on bicep curls grrrrrrrrr

anyways....i mostly get the disses from the chicks, the dudes in my gym are pansy asses........and noone does squats, your right, or they rack a plate on the smith machine WHATEVAH!!!!

but honestly dont let it phase you.....wear an MP3 player or walkman or something , a baseball hat so you dont even make eye contact and grunt and groan like a son of a biach.....

i love it when i clang the dbells together and give them a message that they aint better than me fockers......grrrrrrr i gotta go let out some steammmmm

so otcbooty girl.....dont let it phase you......just ask them if they are done with their weights bc you need to warm up a bit......

attitude is everything !!!!! you dont give a shit about what they think of you, so put those penises in their place...oh yeah and the pussies too :D

There are some really great suggestions here...I think I'll try spats angle..

There is this chick my the gym who is a trainer...and ever since my physique has matched (and since surpassed) hers, I SWEAR she walks around making snide comments about me.

Not only does it TOTALLY piss me off, but it also hurts my feelings :bawling: I just want to go in, work out in peace, and leave. :finger:

It makes me even more angry that I GIVE A SHIT that she is talking about me. :rolleyes: I'm so lame sometimes.

VDL

Top Bottom