Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need supplement advice for beginner weight training to increase muscle mass

GrinchLS1

I'm 27, 5'11", 155lbs. Have been in to cardio training for a long time now, and am in very good shape. About two months ago I started lifting weights every other day and am really enjoying the visible results. I do an intense cadio session on the other days, and do stomach crunches every night. I'm interested in supplements to make sure I get the most out of all this effort.

What supplements should I be using to increase muscle mass as much as possible? I don't even care about strength, I just want to look good and have bigger muscles. I do eat a lot and am not really interested in weight gain shakes. I currently eat protein bars. I'm thinking about creatine, and cell-tech was recommended but I've read some bad stuff here about it. What should I be taking?

Dude,

Eat first! I tried all the supplements, and made the best gains when I started eating properly. After that, supplement protein, creatine, and possibly a multi. If you want to start using creatine, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON CELL TECH! In fact, don't buy and muscletech products at all! Any company that has a marketing budget like them is obviously making the customer pay more than the product is worth in the first place, not to mention all the other bad reports you can find on them on this board.

If you want to MAKE Cell-Tech, you can buy pure dextrose from protein factory, and mix 75 GRAMS of it with 10 grams of creatine. You can throw in the alpha lipoic acid and other shit, too, but please don't waste $80 on Cell-Tech.

The best results I ever had from creatine was the old pure monohydrate and kool-aid, but that was back when I first started training seriously.

You also need at least 1 gram of protein per lb/body weight if your protein metabolism isn't "suped-up," if you know what I mean. I like Optimum chocolate. That's just me. $28 bucks will get you 5 lbs, and it tastes good and mixes well. Don't bother with any of these "methoxy-proteins" or the other BS proteins that cost three times as much.

I hope this simple info helps. There isn't a legal "super supplement" out there that will completely make you a monstrous freak, so beware of all the claims these companies are making.

Later,
The Skunk

Yup, I agree with the skunk. He gave you good advice.

The only supplements you need are:

1. a good diet. eat alot of clean foods.
2. protein/mrp - Optimum/MQ Triple Threat IMHO
3. flax oil w/lignans ( barleans or Mass Quantities ) IMHO
4. creatine (micronized) - muscle volumizing & recovery
5. glutamine peptides - immunity & recovery
6. good multi.vitamin - extra insurance maybe extra C&E

Get a good routine going (check Training Boards). Vary your routines at least every 6-8 weeks to keep shocking your muscles. This should help you out considerably my brother. Good Luck and good traing.

Hey Ajrodz,

You take the exact same supps I do. The only thing I add is a few grams of psyllium to my shake so I have good shits!:mad:

I take that too!!!

Skunk,

I take the psylium also only in caps though. Caps - powders same shit. pun intended hehehe :fro:

I hope we helped the guy out. I think we were dead on the advice. Peace AJ

Great, thanks for the tips. Since I know nothing of the brand or product names for this stuff, can someone tell me which brand/type of creatine to buy? I'll probably order it off the net tomorrow since I hear GNC is way over priced. Thanks again.

You can buy creatine for 10 -20$ over the internet for 500 grams. Do a search for Vitanet.com

The above posts are very good advise. Remember to look to supplements only when you cannot get anything more from normal things like food. But at 28 you have a lot of years to go before that happens. Keep up the good work on the cardio.

I'll be mixing the creatine with grape juice as suggested. Still hoping someone can tell me exactly which product to order. There seem to be so many variations I don't know which to choose.

Hey bro, almost all pure creatine monohydrate is the same. It's all 100% creatine so I would chose the one that has the best value, I personally use Ultimate Nutrition CreaPure it's guaranteed 100% creatine monohydrate and the price was right. Hope that helps ;)

Top Bottom