Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help

BoostinChick

I posted my stats in my profile but just in case:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 205lbs
BF: Online it calculates it to 32%

I have always been a bigger build, athletic a lot would call it. In high school I played non stop sports (basketball, ran track, lacrosse, and even did travel soccer leagues). Even then I was pretty high in pounds (around 165-170). Now that I am an adult with a desk job being active has been a bit more difficult for me. I have a boyfriend who is very well built and he motivates me to go to the gym and I have been. Diet has always been my issue so I decided it's time to get serious.

Here is me now:
DSC03815.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

I understand that with my build I will never be super skinny like a model, that's not what I want. I talk to many women at the gym who do compete and they thing that I would hold muscle mass super well. My issue is, I don't want to be a body builder. I want the latter, this is the most perfect example I can give:
Jackie%20Warner.jpg

I am doing Phase I of "The South Beach Diet" so my meals consist of:
Breakfast: 3 eggs/2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
Snack: 2 cheese sticks (made from Skim Milk)
Lunch: Grilled chicken and a vegetable
Snack: Low-fat yogurt or sugar free Jell-o
Dinner: Salmon steak, salad, or more grilled chicken
Snack: Sugar free fudge pop or sugar free water ice

My work out routine consists of at least 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill then I work two muscle groups. I am in the gym for around an hour and a half. I do not take any daily supplements but before I go to the gym my boyfriend does give me NOXplode to help with my work out.

To be honest, I have had so much grilled chicken the smell of it is starting to make me nauseous. Just wanted some helpful recipes and maybe some exercises to help me reach my goal.

Welcome!

I'm not familiar with the South Beach Diet. What daily ratios do they allow you:fats, proteins, carbs fiber, etc, etc???? I'm always curious as to what certain diet plans offer people. :)

You need to poke around here for recipes and other tips---There is also a new stellar cookbook out by Need2(look above at his sticky) if you're at a loss with keeping your pallette excited. It's so important to have a variety of HEALTHY foods to keep us motivated and excited.

Also...Jackie Warner is a lil hottie. However, YOU can make your body just as beautiful too-perhaps in different way though! Feel me? It's all good, it's nice to have something to strive for, just DO NOT allow a "picture" of someone else to discourage your own reality in ANY way!

Keep up the hard work & you will see changes.
I've also known a few people who have used the south beach diet, and I think it worked really well for them, but when they came off the diet, it was a free for all..so I dont know if they'd recmmend it.
Im sure one of the MOD's will post & give you some great info. They are super helpful & super nice :)

P.S welcome

I definitely understand that, thanks for your thoughts. Like I said with my body type I know I will not be super thin. My hips are 42" for crying out loud. My overall goal is just get real toned/cut and around/under 20% BF.

I will check the stickies as you suggested for other meals and check into that book as well.

Well first off welcome to the site. I gave you a free plat to help you search around the site and so you can post more then a few times a min.

I think you look pretty good though and you are not far off at all. Some of the girls will be in to help you out as I know they can better relate to you then I can.

As for recipe advice I would be happy to help. Matter of fact I need to post up some recipes for some other girls threads to. So I will get on this now.

look into need2's cookbook for starters

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/d...-like-reach-new-goals-more-anabol-595939.html

how many times a week are you weight training? cardio?

i think u should strive for some more cardio. 45 mins of low-moderate intensity (brisk walking on an incline) or HIIT 5-7X ew.

u should look into altering you diet some. thought this south beach will work initially u r only getting 3 real meals in a day. shoot for five. it sounds like alot but really its not. u r hurting your metabolism more than u r helping it. i am a fan of low carb diets myself but that is what works best for me. the key is to find what works best for u and not bc so and so does it.

needtogetaas said:
Well first off welcome to the site. I gave you a free plat to help you search around the site and so you can post more then a few times a min.

I think you look pretty good though and you are not far off at all. Some of the girls will be in to help you out as I know they can better relate to you then I can.

As for recipe advice I would be happy to help. Matter of fact I need to post up some recipes for some other girls threads to. So I will get on this now.
Thanks for your kindness I did notice I do have a temp. membership I appreciate it a lot. I am looking through your link now that the person below your post posted.

My only mental block is weight. I know it's only a number and inches is where it really counts but being a women and knowing I am over 200lbs kills me. The diet I am on is said to work off the glycemic index so it's very low carbs, no sugar, and low in sodium.

GUARDIAN said:
look into need2's cookbook for starters

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/d...-like-reach-new-goals-more-anabol-595939.html

how many times a week are you weight training? cardio?

i think u should strive for some more cardio. 45 mins of low-moderate intensity (brisk walking on an incline) or HIIT 5-7X ew.

u should look into altering you diet some. thought this south beach will work initially u r only getting 3 real meals in a day. shoot for five. it sounds like alot but really its not. u r hurting your metabolism more than u r helping it. i am a fan of low carb diets myself but that is what works best for me. the key is to find what works best for u and not bc so and so does it.
I will see if I can possibly eat 5 meals a day. I assumed the sugar free snacks would help my metabolism through out the day. I am also looking into a multi vitamin to help with my iron intake as well. I go to the gym 3-4 days per week (I know I need to go more) but I have been reading that running everyday will end up injuring me more then helping with what I want. From my readings they say to run 3-4x per week (which I do) then in between do weight lifting. For my weight training I am sticking with light weights and 3-5reps of 10-15. As I said previously I work out with my boyfriend so I usually follow the circuit that he does working a primary/secondary muscle groups.

Baked Chilean Sea Bass
1 lb chilean sea bass fillets
olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Clean the fish.
Put skin side down on a baking sheet.
Rub olive oil on the fish and coat with the salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Seared Steak Salad
This ones a bit more exotic then most people are used to. Your friends
will be impressed when you pull this out of your lunch cooler. Mega healthy and
super cool. I love this one.
Ingredients:
8 ounces top round steak, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of fat, you can substitute
chicken or shrimp for this if you like. It’s a cool way to mix things up
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 cups mixed Asian greens or mesclun greens
1 cup sliced snow peas
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/3 cup thawed shelled edamame. (Pea pods guys’ pea pods)
1/4 cup Sesame Tamari Vinaigrette (it’s low in calories, fat and sodium, with roasted nut and citrus flavors, it goes with Asian salads or chicken meals). Ask for it at almost any store its easy to find and once you get some you can use it on all kinds of meats and salads. You will love it. (Well worth it.)
Directions:
1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add the steak and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for (at least 5) minutes before slicing.
2. Combine greens, snow peas, bell pepper, cabbage, cilantro, edamame and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Divide between 2 plates. Top with the steak.
Tip. If brining this dish to work or eating later just keep every thing separate till you are ready to eat.

Easy make ahead steak tips in Balsamic Marinade
Ingredients:
2 cup balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 table spoons Splenda
4 tablespoon minced garlic
8 tablespoons fresh rosemary (the needles, separated from the sprigs)
4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
5lbs steak tips or cubed flank steak
Directions:
Mix all ingredients except steak in a large bowl.
Separate steak into 4 large heave duty zip lock bags.
Add an equal amount of marinade to each bag.
Store in fridge or freezer as you like, let set at least 24 hours before cooking for best taste. Be sure to flip the bags around and cover all the steak with marinade before storing.

chicken Fajitas
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
10 (12 inch) whole wheat or low carb tortillas

Cut peppers and onion into thin slices. Do not dice, leave slices long and thin.
Saute peppers and onion in a small amount of oil until tender. Add mushrooms and chicken. Continue to cook on low heat until heated through. Stir in dry salad dressing mix and blend thoroughly.
Warm tortillas and roll mixture inside. If desired top with diced tomato and shredded lettuce.

Beef Stew

1 1/2 Cup raw Onion
3 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 Tsp red or cayenne pepper
1 Cup canned kidney beans
6 Oz round eye beef, roasted, trimmed to 0" fat
1 Cup beef canned boullion broth(low sodium is best)
1/2 Cup canned tomato puree
1 Cup ready to serve pace picante salsa
1 Tsp chili powder
1 Tsp ground basil
1/2 Curry powder
1 Tsp ground oregano

Directions

In sacue pan cook beans and onion in 2 tsp of oil until tender.

Next add tomato puree, sauce beef broth, spices and salsa.

Continue to cook vegetable mixture under medium heat until hot.

While the vegetables are cooking, in non stick pan add remaining oil and stir fry beef until cooked.

Add beef to vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes.
Calories (Per Serving): 422
Protein (g): 37
Carbohydrates (g): 43
Fat (g): 13
Carb -Protein -Fat % Ratio: 39-34-27

I tried to get you other things besides chicken.

Top Bottom