Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help

Keeping sugar low is always a good thing no matter what diet you are on. Complex carbs can be good though. Keep in mind just changing to (healthy eating) and watching cals in cals out is much better way to go in the end. Combined with your training you can make great gains of an kind.

Eating better is a life change not just a fad. Changing your life takes time,practice,good friends with knowledge to help, and a undying drive.

We will do everything we can to help you achieve a new healthier life. Helping you and helping each other helps us after all.

BoostinChick said:
Thanks for your kindness I did notice I do have a temp. membership I appreciate it a lot. I am looking through your link now that the person below your post posted.

My only mental block is weight. I know it's only a number and inches is where it really counts but being a women and knowing I am over 200lbs kills me. The diet I am on is said to work off the glycemic index so it's very low carbs, no sugar, and low in sodium.

I will see if I can possibly eat 5 meals a day. I assumed the sugar free snacks would help my metabolism through out the day. I am also looking into a multi vitamin to help with my iron intake as well. I go to the gym 3-4 days per week (I know I need to go more) but I have been reading that running everyday will end up injuring me more then helping with what I want. From my readings they say to run 3-4x per week (which I do) then in between do weight lifting. For my weight training I am sticking with light weights and 3-5reps of 10-15. As I said previously I work out with my boyfriend so I usually follow the circuit that he does working a primary/secondary muscle groups.

Welcome Boostinchick-

Needtogetaas ha great recipes you can use. Please make sure to have at least 5 small meals a day and that will help you burn. Do weight training and cardio. Try to stay away from anything with sugar and drink lots of water..

BoostinChick said:
I will see if I can possibly eat 5 meals a day. I assumed the sugar free snacks would help my metabolism through out the day. I am also looking into a multi vitamin to help with my iron intake as well. I go to the gym 3-4 days per week (I know I need to go more) but I have been reading that running everyday will end up injuring me more then helping with what I want. From my readings they say to run 3-4x per week (which I do) then in between do weight lifting. For my weight training I am sticking with light weights and 3-5reps of 10-15. As I said previously I work out with my boyfriend so I usually follow the circuit that he does working a primary/secondary muscle groups.

Well I see that your worried about hurting yourself from running everyday so thats why you can burn even more calories by walking a good pace with an incline and it doesn't do as much damage on your knees and legs. I use to run but I hurt my leg really bad so I'll walk for 30 mins speed 3.4-3.7 at the max incline but you can work your way up and I get way more out of it than running. They have some great people on here that will keep helping you so keep posting.

vixensghost said:
Fiber and complex carbs can be your friend!

Ban the scale as it's the devil- I'm convinced! :)

Absolutely. Numbers are just that, numbers: whatever the scale says shouldn't have an impact on the way that you feel about yourself.

Welcome BoostinChick...

First off from your body type - thick and muscular w/large bone frame (and no, I AINT callin ya fat!) there is NO WAY IN HELL you are ever going to look like the emaciated frial-looking blonde whose pic you posted. Matter of fact, I question why you would WANT to? :confused:

You really aren't all that far off from attaining an awesome physique. Why? Because from what I saw and from what you stated you have been active your whole life and have built a solid base. And you obviously eat LOL which is a GREAT THING!! Now all you needa do is change the way you have been eating and finding the combination of eating and activity that does what you want it to.

As for the scale.

THROW IT THE HELL OUT!!! NOW!!! .... or I will pinch you but good.

Back in the day at my competitive height I was 138# at 12% bf, a size 0 to 6 depending on the cut of the clothing and give of fabric. I am 5'3 1/2". Are you feeling me on the scale issue? It will mess with your head and is NOT an accurate tool to measure success. The tape measure and your mirror will serve you better.

As for *fad diets*, they are just that and are best left to those that are desperate enough to try them but not serious enough to truly educate themselves and take control of their lives. Which category do YOU choose?

As for running.... BIG NO NO. Not necessary, too catabolic and too stressfull on your joints. There are other activities that are much more effective and will not compromise the health of your joints. As another member already stated, set the treadmill on a steeper incline and walk as quickly as you can. I GUARANTEE YOU, you will be pouring with perspiration in no time and will want to DIE by then end of your cardio session. If not, then you are superhuman. There is also the eliptical, biking and SWIMMING (MY personal favorite).

As for training with your man - GREAT!!! Women and men should train the same. The only difference is that you may not be able to move as much weight as he but that doesn't mean that your workout is less intense as generally women have greater endurance.

www.fitday.com for your food

TAKE PROGRESS PICS!!! <---- in my opinion one of THE MOST USEFULL TOOLS in assessing your goals.

BIKINIMOM - thank you for the awesome insight!

As I stated I know I will never be exactly as the picture I posted. I just want a real defined/toned similar physique. I have hips girrrll.

I have taken progress pics thus far (on my *fad diet*) and the ones I posted in my original post are the latest/greatest. I will post my measurements once I take them tonight to give you guys a better base. I will have to do some better research on here to figure out how to calculate BMI because the online calculator I used said I was around 32%.

I will try the walking fast on an incline as many of you suggested and will try to post/update a daily type journal thing to let you guys in on what I am eating and the exercises I am doing. I also started taking a multivitamin as well.

BTW/OT: This is the b/f (he is Andru1313 on here but for some reason can't post in my thread to give his input).

Before:
fatty.jpg

Now:
IMAGE_201.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

Combination of South Beach Diet and dedication to weight lifting.

Ok, I think you are not eating enough. And it really should be higher protein to support the muscle for your weight training.

Ex diet.

1/2 cup oats
1 scoop protein
tsp flax

3-4 oz chicken
1/2 cup sweet potato
tsp flax

3. can of tuna
1/2 cup rice

4. post workout
1 scoop of whey
1 scoop of fast acting carb. EX>maxy waize

1 scoop of casein protein
5 almonds

or 1 carton of egg whites, 1/2 cup cut veggies, make a omelette.

ALSO, never rely on cardio to make you loose the weight, it really has to be the nutrition. The cardio should be there lightly so you don't burn the muscle you have. I see too many people doing 2 hrs of cardio a day and they end up losing most of their muscle come competition day.

Top Bottom