Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with breakfast shake

jbanks

I am in no ways a morning person, and now my summer job calls for 7:10 wake up calls, and I usually do not eat breakfast. I am hurting around 10:00 (hunger pains). I need a breakfast shake that I can just throw together mix and drink. If it helps I am trying to cut as much as possible.

I found this shake and it actually tastes quit good and takes 5 minutes to blend up.

1-2 Scoops of protein powder. (vanilla flavor is the best for this smoothie)
1 tablespoon flax seed
2 tablespoons of low fat (and low sugar) yogurt.
1/2 cup of oatmeal
10 blueberries
half a banana
4-5 strawberries
Enough skim milk so it will blend which is about 1 to 1 and a half cups.

Blend it up, throw it in a cup and go. I do this and drink it on my way to work. It keeps me full much longer than even toast and eggs or a "heavier" breakfast. I do sometimes throw grapenuts or kashi cereal in place of the oats but the oats are the best.

I drink this about 5 days a week on average. FYI, make sure you rinse your cup out when you get to work. WIth the warmer weather I forgot and came back to my car 8 hours later to hot rotted fruit smoothie. Man my frigin car STILL stinks.

STUNNAMAN said:
yup. maybe throw in some raw eggwhites and mango slices too

i was under the impression that raw egg whites were harder for your body to digest due to not having the proper enzymes. I know this has been seen in movies and TV, but our bodies require protein thats been reduced. (not meaning the nutritional value has been jeopardized)

Get a good protein blend. My personal fave is 34% Whey Iso, 33% Micellar Casein, 33% egg white. Buy a few tubs of old fashioned oats and grind them to a powder in a food processor. Mix protein and the oats in a shaker bottle and enjoy. If you want to make any kind of real gains you should be eating breakfast. I only have a shake based protein source for breakfast when I over sleep or if the power is out and I can't cook. Just wake up earlier to cook.

STUNNAMAN said:
yup. maybe throw in some raw eggwhites and mango slices too

To hell with just the egg whites, eat the whole damn egg. Or if you as an individual can't tolerate the anti-nutrient avidin found in the raw egg whites, toss the white and throw in the yolk, that's where the nutrition is.

Crazy vince Gironda would wring the necks of those who ignore the yolk of the egg.

Top Bottom