Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Diet/Split, please critique

Phemomena

Okay here it goes

first me:
27yrs
5'3 and 3/4 (damn quarter inch!)
111 lbs
waist 23 inches (yippeee)

my body fat always registers high... its about 20% right now, but I see cuts in my abs and just about everywhere else ... i think the therms throw off the BIA (bioelectrical impededance analysis) which basis its result off water in your system... if it is that high, it must all be in my brain :)

the details... sample day

wake up 5:45-6:00ish

gym (6:15 am) - cardio 55-60 min, streatching 5-10 min
meal 1 (7:45 am): protien shake made with water or fat free soy milk, and omega 3 oil supp.

meal 2 (9:30 am): oatmeal made with 1/2 cup of egg whites (i think thats about 6? I just pour), 1 egg, a tea spoon of maple syrup and some vanilla (its actually really good, just make it to the consistancy of oatmeal... i was sick of making everything individually and voila!)

meal 3 (11:30 am): 3-4 ounces turkey breast, cup of baby spinach, a few cherry tomatoes and/or carrots and a quarter whole wheat pita

meal 4 (1:45 pm): mrp (met rx is about the only one that doesn't taste like regurgatated cake batter puke to me)

or

2 chicken breasts, village salad (salad with no lettuce, only tomatos, cucumber and red and green peppers (about 2 cups)

meal 5 (4:00 pm): small sweet potato (no skin), low fat chilli and salsa on top, protien shake made with water, omega 3 supp.

gym 6:30 warmup - 10 min, weight split (approx 1 hour, depends)

meal 6 (7:45 pm) protien shake, made with soy milk

meal 7 (8:30 pm) - 3-4 ounces chicken breast with steamed greens (brocolli, asparagus, cauliflower and/or spinach), omega 3 supp.

snack - sugar free jello

bed around 11 - 11:30

Sometimes i replace a meal (or a mrp) with a meso-tech bar and pretend real hard that its a reese peanut butter cup, i'll also confess that lately i've been having cookie crumbs in my protien shakes... it makes them sooooo good!

this is my carb-cutting diet, occassionally i add in fat free yougurt, a piece of fruit or some whole wheat bread/pasta or rice but that's less than 4 or 5 times a week in total

i take 1 - 2 xenadrine b4 cardio and another one around lunch once in a while if i'm not still wired from the previous ones... (very rarely)

take a multivitamin in the morning with the oatmeal.

i drink about 1-2 gallons of water a day (not counting what i drink during cardio)

my split is currently pretty insane, it goes like this

4 days on, 4 days off, cardio every day except every other off day (and occasionally not after heavy leg days)

day 1 - chest and tris
day 2 - legs and lower back
day 3 - back and bis
day 4 - shoulders and calves

the past 6 weeks have been my first carb cutting cycle (i call it phase 1) during this time i've gone real heavy on the weights with low reps (4-6, up to 8 max if i can) i usually do 4 sets of each exercise 6 or 7 exercises per main body part (2-3 for bis and tris)

Monday i start "phase 2" will be my cutting up stage, i was hoping to make some further chages to my diet (ANY SUGGESTIONS??????) and i'll be upping my reps and dropping my weight. I'll be keeping my leg days heavy since they still have some work to do.

I'll also be starting my first Clen cycle which i hope will help me burn off the last layer of fat while holding onto the muscle i've worked so hard to add on...

You may notice abs are not in my routine, i haven't been training them the past 2 months due to an transverse pull... what a bitch that is... pull a core stabalizing muscle and you will know what pain is!!! I'm slowly trying to work them back into my routine as i go along...

the above plan has already brought me to a point where as of 2 weeks ago i lost 5 pounds of fat and gained 2 pounds of muscle (in four weeks)... I'm expecting the same from the past two weeks if not more, definately seeing results, i'm just fearing the next few weeks...

well i'm open to any comments, questions or critisisms you have... PLEASE!!!! :)

oh... I'm going to try to get my camcorder's camera function working and get a pic or two up tonite... but it may have to wait till next week...

thanks for reading

phem

Well it seems that you know what U are doing, but what about some E:C:A that will help U burn fat and also have some anti-catabolic effects. I also think that U should eat some carbs after your training preferably fast ones together with your protein drink. Also do add some mor fat to your diet, like flaxseed oil take 2-3 tablespoons 3 times a day one just before U go to bed. I also suggest one small protein drink right before bedtime! Also have one eatin day every 12:th day when U eat like 600-1000 cals more.
Pleaase remember that this is MY suggestions , thoug I have been training for a long time I cant say I am an expert because i am not educated in this matter.
But this works for me and my friends so.....

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hey good work.

My suggestions are this, calculate the calories, protein, and carbs. A nutritional almanac is a must, but without knowing those figures, you wont be able to make the fine adjustments that get you ripped.

When I diet down, I write everything in a small notebook, so that I can make little changes and see what happens, this approach is what scientifically is called a baseline. Everything remains constant, so that you can evaluate a single item, then keep,or reject it based on your personal results. I found out, that while dieting for cuts, my body would bloat on all grains except old fashioned oats, and all milk products did too. I found that eating an equal amount of protien from beef, made me stronger, and leaner than poultry or fish. and believe it or not, I can actually have a beer a day, and it helps me lose water, without any negative effects, but only one.

Everyone is different, so doing this makes the changes that only you get benefits from. Otherwise, your food choices are excellent, ( lots of veg, and lean pro).

As far as your training is concerned, be cautious about hitting the shoulders so often per week ( you are hitting them three times directly and indirectly.) this can cause a progressive overtraining of the rotator cuff whitch are very small muscles and don't handle as much volume as the delts. My advice is to train your back with your chest, this hits the delts indirectly. Then a day off. Then quads, hams, calves, and when you recover, abs. ( this is giving your whole upper body a chance to respond to the stimulus and repair. Then amother day off, and delt's, tri's, and bi's. ( hitting them directly now after they have built up their stabilizers.

Anyway, your kicking butt, and this is only my opinion. Keep training babe, and I will see you onstage. :D E

thanks...
as for the shoulders... i'm extra careful with them... i found that when changed to this split from a chest/shoulder the results came on so much better... i actually have shoulders now... if they ever start to bother me i'll try your split...

i try to keep a log but i've never been overly successful... i guess now that i have my diet and training straight it may be easier to work that in...

thanks for the advice...

Top Bottom