Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My diet and exercise journal

gogocherryrose

Hi guys! I'm feeling super inspired and motivated to hit my fitness goals. I'm 100% committed to this and 100% open to any of your advice or suggestions!

Starting with yesterday because I didn't have time last night to post.

My birthday was on the 16th and was followed by St. Pats day so I had 'free alcohol pressure' on both of those days.. That's all I'll be having this year (I have never been a drinker, or smoker, or anything) ...I've been feeling the hangover throughout my entire body and drinking tonnes of water. I'm so thankful that I managed to say no to all cakes and sweets... I remained on my diet with the exception of the shots and martinis..

Also, yesterday I found a gym!!! A good gym, guys. Which is amazing in this city. I did a free day trial yesterday (unfortunately a bit hungover) but decided to join because it has everything I need, and good vibes.

11:00 - Steel cut oats + Fish Oil supplement + Soy Milk + 5 Raspberries + Cinnamon + Sugarless syrup (i slept in...zzz)

1:00 - pre-workout - 1 scoop of my bf's protein powder

• 5 min warm-up on treadmill
  • squats (12x25lbs) (12x45lbs) (12x45lbs) (12x45lbs) (trying to practice form and take it easy)
  • leg press (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs)
  • inner abductor (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs)
  • outer abductor (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs)
  • seated calf raise (8x60lbs) (8x60lbs) (8x60lbs) (8x60lbs) (i heard you shouldn't do more than 8 of these at a time, is that true?)
  • plate loaded leg extension (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs)
  • elliptical machine
  • treadmill cool down

3:00 - Post-workout - 1 scoop protein powder

3:30 - Pro-biotic Plain Yogurt + Green Apple + Cherry Tomatos

5:00 - Carrots + Chai Soy Milk + Brazil Nuts + Peanuts

7:00 - Black bean flavored tofu + Baked sweet potato fries + Cucumber + Green Beans + Broccoli + Sesame seeds...

8:00 - Soy Milk with Chai (homemade)

Stretch + bed......zzz..

I'm still figuring out how to manage my diet.. I honestly don't like meat. I eat it anyways sometimes, since I make all of my boyfriends meals with it. I love vegies and fruits and don't have a problem with that... It's the protein that I have an issue with. I don't want to have to eat the same thing everyday but it would be nice to have something to fall back on when I don't have the time or money to be creative. Since I have been doing research and posting on this forum, I haven't had a SINGLE chocolate bar or chip. Nothing. I'm shocked with myself. So that's why I decided I'm going to log here & post daily if possible.

Also I am a noob in the weight room. So I'm starting slow because I don't really know what I'm doing and I don't want to rush into something the wrong way.. I have always been into sports that have kept me athletic and cardio but weights is a whole new thing to me. So if you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thank you :)

:rose:

Last edited:
Great work on starting your log!! I really look forward to following it!

Do you like fish? Have you ordered your protein powder?

Hey well done for taking the first step. You won't regret this I promise you that.
Protein wise I normally swap between beef steak, chicken, turkey, pork, fish at first It was plain then I started to get creative for variations , I could help you out with a couple recipes if you like. Also when it comes to food or exercise programmes the net becomes the best friend IMO , you google bodybuilding and food then you have more help than you know what to do with. Same goes for programmes ....
I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals you know you got this huni ;),
If you need anything feel free to pm me

Donna

Hi guys! I'm feeling super inspired and motivated to hit my fitness goals. I'm 100% committed to this and 100% open to any of your advice or suggestions!

Starting with yesterday because I didn't have time last night to post.

My birthday was on the 16th and was followed by St. Pats day so I had 'free alcohol pressure' on both of those days.. That's all I'll be having this year (I have never been a drinker, or smoker, or anything) ...I've been feeling the hangover throughout my entire body and drinking tonnes of water. I'm so thankful that I managed to say no to all cakes and sweets... I remained on my diet with the exception of the shots and martinis..

Also, yesterday I found a gym!!! A good gym, guys. Which is amazing in this city. I did a free day trial yesterday (unfortunately a bit hungover) but decided to join because it has everything I need, and good vibes.

11:00 - Steel cut oats + Fish Oil supplement + Soy Milk + 5 Raspberries + Cinnamon + Sugarless syrup (i slept in...zzz)

1:00 - pre-workout - 1 scoop of my bf's protein powder

• 5 min warm-up on treadmill
  • squats (12x25lbs) (12x45lbs) (12x45lbs) (12x45lbs) (trying to practice form and take it easy)
  • leg press (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs)
  • inner abductor (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs)
  • outer abductor (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs) (20x100lbs)
  • seated calf raise (8x60lbs) (8x60lbs) (8x60lbs) (8x60lbs) (i heard you shouldn't do more than 8 of these at a time, is that true?)
  • plate loaded leg extension (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs)
  • elliptical machine
  • treadmill cool down

3:00 - Post-workout - 1 scoop protein powder

3:30 - Pro-biotic Plain Yogurt + Green Apple + Cherry Tomatos

5:00 - Carrots + Chai Soy Milk + Brazil Nuts + Peanuts

7:00 - Black bean flavored tofu + Baked sweet potato fries + Cucumber + Green Beans + Broccoli + Sesame seeds...

8:00 - Soy Milk with Chai (homemade)

Stretch + bed......zzz..

I'm still figuring out how to manage my diet.. I honestly don't like meat. I eat it anyways sometimes, since I make all of my boyfriends meals with it. I love vegies and fruits and don't have a problem with that... It's the protein that I have an issue with. I don't want to have to eat the same thing everyday but it would be nice to have something to fall back on when I don't have the time or money to be creative. Since I have been doing research and posting on this forum, I haven't had a SINGLE chocolate bar or chip. Nothing. I'm shocked with myself. So that's why I decided I'm going to log here & post daily if possible.

Also I am a noob in the weight room. So I'm starting slow because I don't really know what I'm doing and I don't want to rush into something the wrong way.. I have always been into sports that have kept me athletic and cardio but weights is a whole new thing to me. So if you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thank you :)

:rose:

GREAT! I'm happy for you, the only thing i would change is after training your bodys demand for nutrients are at their highest so have a protein shake to feed those muscles.

Great work on starting your log!! I really look forward to following it!

Do you like fish? Have you ordered your protein powder?
I haven't ordered it yet, I gotta go through the process of setting up paypal. So for now I am using my boyfriends protein powder, just sparingly.
I like fish sometimes, but it's kind of expensive, and seems to be difficult to find the good stuff. But definitely a must once in awhile.

Hey well done for taking the first step. You won't regret this I promise you that.
Protein wise I normally swap between beef steak, chicken, turkey, pork, fish at first It was plain then I started to get creative for variations , I could help you out with a couple recipes if you like. Also when it comes to food or exercise programmes the net becomes the best friend IMO , you google bodybuilding and food then you have more help than you know what to do with. Same goes for programmes ....
I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals you know you got this huni http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/images/smilies/grinny[1].gif,
If you need anything feel free to pm me
Aw thanks!! :) You are too sweet and I am loving the positive vibes :)
I'm really in love with my tofu (it's like my backup plan) lol but I would really love to hear your recipes!! Not much of a steak fan, or a pork fan either. The others I can do if they have flavor (and the fish, it's just expensive, or I would eat more of it).

GREAT! I'm happy for you, the only thing i would change is after training your bodys demand for nutrients are at their highest so have a protein shake to feed those muscles.

I was thinking of not drinking protein powder before the gym (I felt kinda bloated) and having 2 scoops afterwards because I am feeling the burn and it's hard to put lots of effort into cooking right after. Either that or maybe I'll cook up some eggs..

Meal 1 - Steel cut oats + 5 Raspberries + 1 cup Soy Milk + Cinnamon + Sugarless Syrup + Fish Oil Supplement

Meal 2 - Tofu (Honey + Sesame Seeds) + Sweet Potato Fries + Cherry Tomatoes + Cucumber + Green Beans

Meal 3 - Green Apple + 3 Brazil Nuts + 10 Peanuts

Meal 4 - Pre-Workout - Protein Shake

• Warm up on treadmill
  • Bar Curls (25x20lbs) (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs) (12x25lbs)
  • Bicep Curl (40x10lbs) (40x10lbs) (40x10lbs) (40x10lbs)
  • Hammer Curl (40x10lbs) (40x10lbs) (40x10lbs) (40x10lbs)
  • Tricep Pull Down (with bar) (25x35lbs) (25x35lbs) (25x35lbs)
  • Tricep Pull Down (with rope) (25x35lbs) (25x35lbs) (25x35lbs) (not sure what these are actually called)
  • Elbow Curls (12xbar) (12xbar) (12xbar) (12xbar) (not sure what lb the bar was yet...)
  • Bicep Curl Up (bar) (12x30lbs) (12x30lbs) (12x30lbs) (12x30lbs) (sorry I don't know how to label the exercises properly yet)
  • Cool down on treadmill
Meal 5 - Post Workout - Protein Shake

Meal 6 - Tofu in Yogurt + Soy Milk + Cherry Tomatoes + Green Beans + Sweet Potato (some leftovers)

11 cups of water throughout the day

Congrats on starting the journal. It is key to results. It keeps you motivated. Can't wait to see your progress.

I've gotten down to 135lbs and decided to change my goal weight to 115lbs... I don't really think that will be too low of a weight for my height (5'6)...

Goals:

• lose 20lbs
  • gain muscle (proportional)
  • lose the fat legs and ass
  • to continue stretching and become more flexible
  • to have a healthy diet that reflects into healthy skin, energy levels, mood, and body
  • to have a vegetarian diet (doesn't have to be 100%)
  • to feel comfortable in a bathing suit
  • to feel comfortable in the gym
Need:

• to learn how to eat every 2-3 hours
  • to drink more water
  • to eat more protein
  • to look into protein supplements and other health foods
  • to go to the gym 5 days/week and focus on weights (doing cardio at home)
  • to learn how to use the gym to its max. potential
  • try to eat 200-300 calories below maintenance levels (not forgetting to add in extra calories burnt from workouts)

Top Bottom