Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muay Thai Kickboxing

Stand up skills are useless against a good Grappler. If you get taken to the ground your stand up skills are taken away. Must be well rounded for a one on one fight. I was wrestler all my whole life and it was pretty easy to convert to submisson wrestling as I already had good foundation to work from. Now if you throw in Submission Wrestling and a good Standup skill in like Muay Thia look out. Deadly Combo. And one of the most Important thing is stamina. Fatigue makes cowards out of us all. :)

I have been doing MT for over 4 years. I have about 6 amature competions.
MT is one of the hardest/toughest martial arts, and can be brutal if not careful.

If I had to pick a single MA it would be MT. I have done other MA, but MT is very good. The only thing I would add is some ground techniques. But how many street fights end up on the ground? Not many and they usually don't last more then 20sec. Who ever hits first gets the advantage, unless the other guy can take a shot and comes back.
Anyway it all depends on your goals and what you want out of it.

I trained in this stly for about 2 years, competed in the ring 2 times, this was about 5 years ago.. I was into it pretty hardcore, like shin conditioning consisted of beating our shins with a rolling pin for about 5 minutes each, then taking the rolling pin and running it up and down the shin really hard, to the point where you could smell the hair burning on your leg, then doing shin kicks on the heavy bag for 30 minutes, I don't know how much blood I left in that place.

My first match in the ring, I won with a knockout in the second round, then my 2nd match, I got my nose busted wide open in the 3rd round. I decided to take some time off then, but never got back into it.

I think it may be in your best interest to just start with a karate class. Then, with some experience you can choose to move on with the Muay Thai Kickboxing.

Muay Thai is my shit.... There is a fighting style for everyone try it out.... My fists are for distraction purpose only but that switch kick behind my 1-2 will knock you out. Its all about movement that causes power. I dont try to kick hard it just happens from the 45 dgree step out and hip twist. Not to get too tec but Ive done traditional, modern, and combat thai all are great.

Top Bottom