Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Movie Review : The Bucketlist

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok, I give it a "B". And I am being nice here.

The concept is good. It is actually something I have been doing myself in a different way for years. Following a concept my college prof threw at us once, I write a list of 50 Things I Want To Do Before I Die and mail it to myself. I do this once every 5 years. I write one, mail it to myself, put it away, 5 years later I sit down and write another one and mail it, and then open the one from 5 years earlier and cross off the things I have done.

I actually write a journal about it. I go through it one at time and in the journal I make 50 entries, one for each # and I include the date that I achieved that one thing (like visiting some place) or whether it is an ongoing process and how I am faring (like my professional career and retiring by 40), or whether I just decided to remove it from the list for whatever reason. No longer interest, unrealistic, etc.... Whatever it may be. So I have done this myself long before the movie.

That being said the movie was sound and nice. That earned the "B". The only part I had a problem with is the entire story/movie could have been so much better if told from the average perspective. I mean, doing all this while being lucky enough to meet a wealthy person to allow you to on his dime is a bit far fetched and sort of undermines the efforts of what the struggle could have been about.

In any case, worth a rental.

Top Bottom