Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Military Press - Barbell Standing

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
I feel my shoulder/rot cuff hurting and I know the tendinitis is not far

But I don't know what exercise cause those tendinitis (in average I've 4-5 of them at the exact same place every year)

I suspect either pull-ups or Military Press - Barbell Standing

CoolColJ said:
You should be rehabbing your cuffs so they don't hurt in the first place

I've incorporated cuffs exercises in my routine but there is so much work that it will take months :rolleyes:

I thought you would all scream at over the head exercises and shoulder health... :worried:

In that case I wiuld drop all bench, press lat exercise and regab em until tehre is no pain and then you can return to em while still keeping at the cuffs

if you get pressing, benching and chinning, it will take ages to reverse the problem, if at all

CoolColJ said:
In that case I wiuld drop all bench, press lat exercise and regab em until tehre is no pain and then you can return to em while still keeping at the cuffs

if you get pressing, benching and chinning, it will take ages to reverse the problem, if at all

You're a wise man, CoolColJ :)

Add in some cuff & scapular stabilizer exercises at the end of every workout & work on shoulder ROM & flexibility - BUT make sure you do not have an existing tear - stretching a tear = BIGGER tear!

Do your pullups with a neutral grip to activate more lats and decrease involvement of the scauplar adductors, your lats function as an extensor of the humerus especially with a neutral grip. Experiment to find a hand width that causes the least amount of pain. Same thing with your overhead press - switch to dumbells & use a neutral grip.
Make sure you activate your TVA to prevent lumbar hyperextension and DON"T wear a belt! (THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! - unless you are in a competition or doing a 1 RM and have fully developed your core 1st.)

Other exercises when done wrong or the traditional bodybuilding way that will screw your cuff up: pulldowns, upright row, lateral raise, front raise, bench press, fly's, any chest or shoulder work done in the shit; ooops! I mean Smith machine, pullovers, dips, bench dips and most upper body work done on any 2 dimensional machine!

Stick to free weights & cables; get your shoulder asessed and start work on it ASAP. A great thing to look into for shoulders is ART therapy, especailly if you have an impingement or are developing one. Trust me I am speaking from experience - traditional bodybuilding with machines, sloppy form & incoorect range of motion, no R. cuuf work, minimal stretching and lots of contact sports left me with a shoulder that can barely flex (better training, massage & ART & PT are making better but it costs$$$).

S

Last edited:
supreme said:
Add in some cuff & scapular stabilizer exercises at the end of every workout & work on shoulder ROM & flexibility - BUT make sure you do not have an existing tear - stretching a tear = BIGGER tear!

Do your pullups with a neutral grip to activate more lats and decrease involvement of the scauplar adductors, your lats function as an extensor of the humerus especially with a neutral grip. Experiment to find a hand width that causes the least amount of pain. Same thing with your overhead press - switch to dumbells & use a neutral grip.
Make sure you activate your TVA to prevent lumbar hyperextension and DON"T wear a belt! (THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! - unless you are in a competition or doing a 1 RM and have fully developed your core 1st.)

Other exercises when done wrong or the traditional bodybuilding way that will screw your cuff up: pulldowns, upright row, lateral raise, front raise, bench press, fly's, any chest or shoulder work done in the shit; ooops! I mean Smith machine, pullovers, dips, bench dips and most upper body work done on any 2 dimensional machine!

Stick to free weights & cables; get your shoulder asessed and start work on it ASAP. A great thing to look into for shoulders is ART therapy, especailly if you have an impingement or are developing one. Trust me I am speaking from experience - traditional bodybuilding with machines, sloppy form & incoorect range of motion, no R. cuuf work, minimal stretching and lots of contact sports left me with a shoulder that can barely flex (better training, massage & ART & PT are making better but it costs$$$).

S

S

Thanks a lot Supreme !

Top Bottom