Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mekat's 2012 Transformation Contest Log

Looking great there Mr, ESP the 8.30 bit lmfao : ) good times!!

Sorry it took me so long to hit you back on this bro.

thanx for the help bro, by keep ur workouts minimal do u mean do less workouts? like in a traditional 5x5 program? if so, I completely understand, and will be glad to switch up my workout, if that is what builds more mass. but exactly how many exercises do u think I should be doin...3..4..5? for example todays workout was shoulders and it went a little something like this:
What I would do is this,
Choice 1. SL 5x5 but add in arms.
Choice 2. Do what your doing but week out everything that is not big bucks. See my comments below.

shoulder press Alternate this with OHP every other workout. Put your reps in all excersizes between 5&8.

BWx12 huh??
95x10 95x3
115x8 115x3
125x6 125x5, 125x5, 125x whatever you can get but work up to 5 then add weight.
That last set is where your gonna get your bennefit bro. So I put how I would do beside your numbers.
seated dumbell rotated press? lol Loose this.
20x10
25x8
30x6
overhead press See above.
BWx12
65x10
75x8
85x6
barbell shrugs
85x12 drop this set, dont need it.
135x10 135x8
185x8 185x3
205x8 As much as you can pile on for 5x5!
This is a gr8 mass maker so use all the dam weight you can. Dont get too worried about rest time.
DB bent over...idk what it's called, it hits rear delts) anyways.. Loose this follow below.
20sX12
25sX10
30sX8

BBL Bent Over Row 5x5-8.
You put in the weights bro. But go HEAVY!!
Do them from the floor each rep. Bring the bar up to your lowest ribs and even your waist.

o yea I forgot to add I did about 15 mins of ab workouts at the beginning just yo get warmed up.

yo zed let me know what u think is the best course of action, I was planning on changing my regiment regardless coz I'm just doing this to get back in it...so any help about this is greatly appreciated bros.

I really feel that it would be easiest for you to just mofidy the Strong Lifts 5x5. So if you wanna go that route just let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

ok i think im pretty sure where ur going with this zed..basically, ur saying that lifting heavy weight in the 5-8 rep range will yeild the most mass. and just the like in SL5x5, the workouts that enable u to lift the most weight with are whats gonna count. I am gonna start a modified version of the 5x5, but will spread it out thru Mon-Fri and have Sat and Sun as my rest days.

ima get started on planning a solid routine and post it up for ur ctitique.. thatnx for the help bro

Heyy guys and gals..

Yesterdays WO: Chest
went for a more conventional 5x5

5 min WU and dynamic streches

Decided to start with some Decline Bench to warm up, and since i havent done em in forever.
(BW=Bar Weight) BWx10 => (135x5)x5

Conventional Bench (regular bench)
BWx10 => (185x5)x5 this was actually a PR for me, if i have lifted this much before then i dont remember it so its still PR :D

Incline Bench
Skiped the warmup for this one.. => (135x5)x5

Incline DB
(50s x 5) x 5

Incline cable cross-overs
60x12...80x10...100x10...120x8

Decline cable cross-overs
40x12...60x10...40x12

Seated fly machine
100x10...120x10...140x10

These last 3 are just things i always do at the end of Chest days..but i usually do DB flyes instead of the fly machine

Heyy guys and gals..

Yesterdays WO: Chest
went for a more conventional 5x5

5 min WU and dynamic streches

Decided to start with some Decline Bench to warm up, and since i havent done em in forever.
(BW=Bar Weight) BWx10 => (135x5)x5

Conventional Bench (regular bench)
BWx10 => (185x5)x5 this was actually a PR for me, if i have lifted this much before then i dont remember it so its still PR :D

Incline Bench
Skiped the warmup for this one.. => (135x5)x5

Incline DB
(50s x 5) x 5

Incline cable cross-overs
60x12...80x10...100x10...120x8

Decline cable cross-overs
40x12...60x10...40x12

Seated fly machine
100x10...120x10...140x10

These last 3 are just things i always do at the end of Chest days..but i usually do DB flyes instead of the fly machine

Looks like another great WO Mekat! Keep killin it brotha!!!

ok i think im pretty sure where ur going with this zed..basically, ur saying that lifting heavy weight in the 5-8 rep range will yeild the most mass. and just the like in SL5x5, the workouts that enable u to lift the most weight with are whats gonna count. I am gonna start a modified version of the 5x5, but will spread it out thru Mon-Fri and have Sat and Sun as my rest days.

ima get started on planning a solid routine and post it up for ur ctitique.. thatnx for the help bro

Exacxtly bro!
Looking forward to see what you come up with.:evil:

Yoooo...everyone looks like their killing it man..keep up the good work

This is a quick outline of my weekly workout, all major lifts will be 5x5, Sorry in advance if i wrote the names of some excercises incorrectly. Let me know if this looks somewhat decent and what i should change..Thank you

Monday: Legs
-Front/Back Squats
-Leg Press
­-Leg Curl
-Calf Raise
-Deadlifts

Tuesday: Chest
-Decline Press
-Bench Press
-Incline Press
-Incline/Flat DB Press
-Incline/Flat DB Flyes

Wednesday: Back
-Wide Grip Pull ups
-Bent Over Rows
-DB Rows
-Wide Grip Lat Pull-downs
-Seated Lat Pulls
-Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Thursday: Shoulders/Abs
-Overhead Press
-Power Shrugs
-Seated Shoulder Press
-Seated DB Shoulder Press
-DB Lat Raises
-DB Shrugs

Friday: Arms
-Barbell Curls
(Dips & Chin ups) Till failure
-Close Grip Bench
- EZ Bar Seated Curls
-EZ Bar Seated Skull Crushers
-Tricep Extensions

Hey;) it all looks awesome nice numbers. And very neat post lol

yoooo...so yesterdays chest workout was AWSOME and it SUCKED at the same time. It was awsome coz i got a PR of 205lbs on bench :D but it sucked coz after my flat bench i got "tennis elbow" on both my arms :worried:. For u that dont know this is that feeling of weakness where ur forearm meets ur bicep. Im pretty sure this happened because i played handball on Sunday and Monday since the weather was really nice. As much as i love handball im pretty sure im not gonna play again for a while, i dont enjoy feeling weak at the gym at all. I sucked it up and just finished my workout, the funny thing is that my arms felt weaker when i was resting then when i was lifting lol.

Bench Press: 135x10 ; 205x4 ; 205x3 ; 205x6 (w/ slingshot) ; 185x5
Incline Press: (135x5)x5
Decline Press: (135x5)x5
Incline DB Press: (55x5)x5
Bottom Cable Crossover: 40x10 ; 60x10 ; 40x10
Flyes Machine: 100x10 ; 120x10 ; 140x10

Other than the "tennis elbow" i felt the WO went pretty smooth, lately i have been getting some extreme shin pumps tho, kind of unbarable when walking to work or walking my 100lb++
PitBull:evil:

Top Bottom