Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ladies need help 4 a friend its urgent !!!

Intervals are repetitions of high-speed/intensity followed by rest or low training. She is saying for example don't just run on a treadmill at 4.0 steadily the whole time. Change it up and run fat intervals of 6.0 or whatever then slow back down to 4.0 for a few minutes and then back up again.. you get the picture now I am sure.

sorry but i have to ask what do u mean by intervals?

Dictionary definition of intervals: a certain subset of an ordered set. In sports, is a training technique often used by runners.

Glad to see another Lebanese on the boards.

Good luck.

silverstar1025 said:
Intervals are repetitions of high-speed/intensity followed by rest or low training. She is saying for example don't just run on a treadmill at 4.0 steadily the whole time. Change it up and run fat intervals of 6.0 or whatever then slow back down to 4.0 for a few minutes and then back up again.. you get the picture now I am sure.

i got it thx
i call it hi and low
she did it for ten days and stopped ,i'll get her on it again for a month
7 min fast cardio followed by 3 min slow for a total of 45 min
is that good enough for 3 days a week ??

The_Alcatraz said:
Dictionary definition of intervals: a certain subset of an ordered set. In sports, is a training technique often used by runners.

Glad to see another Lebanese on the boards.

Good luck.
thx bro i appreciat it

fantom said:
i got it thx
i call it hi and low
she did it for ten days and stopped ,i'll get her on it again for a month
7 min fast cardio followed by 3 min slow for a total of 45 min
is that good enough for 3 days a week ??

Read the links I posted. They explain how to properly do intervals for fat loss purposes.

Intervals done for 7 minutes are not going to do very much for fat loss. Yes, probably better than steady state, but still a basic waste of time IMO. Read about HIIT and how to do it.

Daisy_Girl said:
Read the links I posted. They explain how to properly do intervals for fat loss purposes.

Intervals done for 7 minutes are not going to do very much for fat loss. Yes, probably better than steady state, but still a basic waste of time IMO. Read about HIIT and how to do it.
thx daisy girl
i printed the docs in the link and we're gonna start with the HIIT tonight

Couple comments - can you get her to put her diet into a food counts program like www.fitday.com and post up the macro ratios ? (i.e. % and grams of each protein , fats & carbs for 1 day's typical meal plan). Eating those foods is all great but look a level lower at the macronutrient composition to optimize. (e.g. 40% protein / 30% carbs / 30% fats).

Also once you know the bodyfat - I'd suggest not fixating on the scale for settign goals or measuring progress - you can change the ratio of lean muscle mass to bodyfat and never see the scale move once. At the min go by how the same pair of pants fits over time in addition to looking at the scale. But too many people, esp women, judge progress only by the scale and set their goals by the scale when it is more important to decrease your bodyfat / increase your lean muscle mass to make whastever you weigh look better. Also remember that the scale can reflect 5-8 lb swings in weight due simply to water fluctuations and that sometimes manages to really kill people's motivation or belief in what they are doing - water weight fluctuates all the time so it makes the scale weight not the best and most absolute measure of progress.

Sassy69 said:
Couple comments - can you get her to put her diet into a food counts program like www.fitday.com and post up the macro ratios ? (i.e. % and grams of each protein , fats & carbs for 1 day's typical meal plan). Eating those foods is all great but look a level lower at the macronutrient composition to optimize. (e.g. 40% protein / 30% carbs / 30% fats).

Also once you know the bodyfat - I'd suggest not fixating on the scale for settign goals or measuring progress - you can change the ratio of lean muscle mass to bodyfat and never see the scale move once. At the min go by how the same pair of pants fits over time in addition to looking at the scale. But too many people, esp women, judge progress only by the scale and set their goals by the scale when it is more important to decrease your bodyfat / increase your lean muscle mass to make whastever you weigh look better. Also remember that the scale can reflect 5-8 lb swings in weight due simply to water fluctuations and that sometimes manages to really kill people's motivation or belief in what they are doing - water weight fluctuates all the time so it makes the scale weight not the best and most absolute measure of progress.

sassy thx 4 the help
10 days ago she felt she's gaining weight she was using the normal diet used by most dietitians (55% carbs ,35 % pro ,15 % fat) and when she weighted herself on the tanita scale the one with the hand grips it showed that she gained 2.1pounds of muscles and 1 pound of fat
now she is a dietitian, but she shouldnt have used a normal diet (she knows nothing about sports nutrition) she is training 3 times cardio and five days heavy weight training
so i told her to ulter her diet because these percentages r used by couch potatos who want to loose weigh.
we ultered the diet to 50-57 gr carbs a day 200 gr pro and 30-35 gr fat
a week passed and she lost a lot of water and 1,2 pounds of fat according to the tanita scale and she is sooo happy that she lost 1 size in her pants (only in a week)
is that good or do we have to tweak the diet more IYO

I concurr with all the advice the ladies gave before me, very solid. Only thing to add is another good way to gauge progress is to take pics of yourself in the same outfit every couple of weeks.

Trust me on this one.

You know how they say a pic is worth a thousand words?

Sometimes this is one of THE BEST and easiest, no tech ways to better see results.

Top Bottom