Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there serious health concerns with sleep deprivation?

if your being deprived and "forced" to sleep 5 hours a night, then YEAH its extrememly bad for you inhe long run. however if 5-7 hours a night is your NATURAL bio-rhythm then you have nothing to worry about. I myself have rarely sleep more then 7 hours, but that is the way it always been my whole life, on the other hand my brother sleeps close to 12 hours a day, it all depends on you natural bio rhthym. But i will add that sleep deprivation is extrememly unhealthy and dangerous, epsecially while training, you could pass out from exhaustion during a set er something, or even worse while driving.

Chronic sleep deprivation, such as consecutive nights w/o appropriate sleep causes a MASSIVE release of the stress hormone Cortisol. Cortisol is catabolic and will run riot stripping the mass you worked so hard to attain.

Originally posted by BeachBoy
I'm with Hitman, this is an obviously silly question. Sleep = recovery. You dont grow in the gym, you grow in bed. Duh?

Well said Brothers. The way I've ALWAYS looked at it... your sleep is AS important as the other components of BB: your work outs, your nutrition, and the drugs you use. If you're not getting appropriate amounts of sleep, everything else is a waste.

Originally posted by 3Vandoo
When I dont sleep im fully energetic, probably adrenaline hitting me.

I take it you're in the Armed Forces? I know what you're refering to here and have experienced it myself. The "Drone Zone", everything seems to come automatically when I'm in this state. No cognition, just like a machine.

I know some guy that has slept no more than 3-4, , hours a night his entire life! 5 hours a night if he's lucky And u know what? He's a Ph.d in Biochem, an engineer, and a mathamatician. This guy is amazing..got a bachelor's in math...thought math was too boring so he taught himself Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cell, etc. and decided to go tograduate school and get a masters in Bio chem......and he looks just like Albert Einstein.

I don't mean to start a FAD(cuz it seems to happen often here) buuuuuuuuuuut he said the only thing that has ever helped him get more sleep(around 7-8hours a night and he's tried everything he said) is Phosphatydal Serine. He assumed that he had high cortisol levels so he took it to reduce his cortisol levels and now he's sleeping better than ever.

Just an FYI for you sleepless guys.

Top Bottom