Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline Benches

vid was good. form was fine. Spedd was good. Slow the negative, blast the positive. I agree with small incrimental gains.

Good form...I agree with w2bbeast though, try to stop short of lock out. I like to keep that constant tension on the pecs. Other than that....incline angle seemed fine to me. I feel 30 degrees is perfect when you get up to 45 degrees or more, you're starting to put too much emphasis on the anterior delts IMO. Good shit, you'll hit 225 in no time.

Form looks pretty "text book" brother, as opposed to my modified incline form. :FRlol: I can do strict inclines, like the ones your doing, with 315x5,275x11 or atleast those were the numbers I hit after a few weeks of trying the movement. It wasnt until recently that I tried the strict inclines. I may still use some momentum and a little bounce though, but my back stays against the pad, ass on the seat, very little arch when doing the strict inclines. Now, with my modified inclines I can do close to what I use on flat bench, which is a good deal stronger then my strict incline press. The way I usually do inclines is with a good arch, feet up on the pegs and legs straightened out,ass off the bench. Its like a standing incline press, and with the arch it almost makes it look like a flat bench press. I dont always do them this way though, but its just something that took over the years. Especially since I like to move as much weight as I can. The stricter inclines are probabally more useful though, so I wouldnt reccomend my modification. It almost defeats the purpose of an incline press. I still feel it more in my upper chest and dont get quite as much as I can flat bench. Sometimes its only one rep behind though. Keep KILLING that shit!!

Top Bottom