Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I met my goal!!!

Gypsy,
I can totally relate to you! I have had the same outlook on the weekend splurging. I know what works for me. I just need to do it! I was 137 this time last year 5'4 and several montys later building a new house and moving farther (by like a few miles...pahleeze) from the gym I am quickly gaining fat . Up to 150 now......
Thanks so much for the diet! Maybe I should do a "I am starting my goal" thread. Just to put some pressure on;)
My family & friends are always trying to get me to eat and then they do that "you look fine" stuff......I know what I look like and I know I like to see muscle:)

Oh, I didn't give you my stats. I'm 5'5", 110 pounds. I'm not positive of my BF, but the last time I had it taken I was 13.5%.

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm 5'5" 120 and I also look "fine" but would like to look better. It's like if we're not obviously out of shape people don't get it.

Oh yeah, I always get the "why won't you eat it, your skinny anyway". Well guess what, I'm thin because I don't eat like they do - it didn't happen by magic!

gypsy said:
I am ecstatic - I started a strict diet (Daisy, thank you) on January 1 and I set a goal for myself.... and met it as of today. I lost 13 pounds, and I now weigh 110 lbs. I'm just so happy because there aren't many instances in life where I can say "I met a goal". I always seem to fall jjjuussstt short of a goal, in all aspects of life. Anyway, yeah for me! :)

Congrats Gypsy!! Please do post pics!! I haven't seen you around Wilm. enough to notice any difference!! j/k

I'm going to check out your diet cuz I need to do something myself!!

gypsy said:
I'll tell ya, I've been dieting and exercising for years, and I think the reason it takes people so long to get to where they want to be is because it takes that long to figure the diet and exercise out fully. I was stuck at a certain weight/stats for almost 2 years, and I kept whining that my body just wouldn't change no matter what I did. Well, now that I've accomplished my goal, I can look back and see that I was justifying a lot of behaviors in my own mind that were sabatoging the diet. Like, I followed it perfectly throughout the week, and cheated starting Friday night all the way through Sunday. I told myself - I work out 5 days a week and eat great 5 days a week, this isn't fair that I can't eat on the weekend. Well, now I eat perfectly during the week through til Sunday. Sunday I go pretty nuts with the food and get back on by Monday. Another thing I do is exclude sugar from my diet completely. Whereas before, I might say to myself "this one hershey kiss won't make a difference..." I now think, "not one itty bitty of sugar is in my system, this hershey kiss might change my glucose levels, it's not worth it." So I am very strict without variation until the time I allow myself to eat. I didn't use any supplements whatsoever besides protein powder - I haven't found it necessary, the diet and exercise alone does it. If you have Excel, you can view a sample of what I eat, I put this together for a friend http://www.chickenpope.com/links/newyeardiet.xls . I hope it helps anyone who needs it!!

Another hard thing about dieting for me is the SABATOGE. I find that the people around me constantly try to sabatoge my dieting efforts. They try to offer you food, complain when you don't eat, I hate that! My friends and family both do it, but I don't give in :)

So on Sunday do you just eat whatever you want?

I also have the same problem with sabotage.....my hubby is always handing me food, candy asking if I want beer or wine....ugh!!

Top Bottom