Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't drop the fat

sonicwaste

I'm about at my wits end with trying to drop bodyfat. It feels like I have everything in check. I've got my supps/gear, diet, cardio, and weight training in check but I am noticeably fatter.

I started dieting in early January. Lifting 6 days per week, 45 minutes-1 hour of cardio 7 days per week. Diet was very clean, but not perfect. I dropped some weight, but burned more muscle than anything. I lost about 5lbs in that 6 week span. I wasn't satisfied with the results so, I figured I'd go on a cutting cycle and really shape things up and step the whole process up to the next level.

So for the past 2 weeks, I have been near perfect with my diet/training. No fat loss whatsoever in 2 weeks.

Here is my info:

Stats: 5'10" 196lbs 13%bf
Cycle: 100mg prop eod, 50mg anavar ed, .25mg arimidex eod
Supps: Lipoflame, lipostim, amplify

I am doing 12-15 minutes of HIT cardio 6 days per week. Lifting 6 days per week.

BMR is 2019

Diet:
I am eating approx 1800 calories per day

250g protein
100g carbs
50g fat

My sources for protein: Chicken, Fish, Lean Beef, Egg Whites, Soy, Whey, Casein

My sources for carbs: Whole grain brown rice, whole grain brown rice cakes, whole oats, vegetables

My sources for fats: Flax Oil, Milled flax seed, all natural peanut butter

I'm eating every 2-3 hours. 1+ gallon of water per day.

I have not strayed from this diet for 14 days, and I am up bodyfat... I am noticeably fatter, it's unreal.

Funny thing is my muscle volume, hardness, and vascularity has increased along with my strength. My bodyfat just won't leave.

I can't think of anything wrong, but there has to be something wrong with my diet. Maybe I am not eating enough calories? Maybe my ratios could be better?

Any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect the fat to melt overnight... But I have done basically this same diet/supp/training in the past and have lost 3 lbs/week.

I'm up for some suggestions.

Thanks

Two more things;

I do my cardio/workout in the morning on empty stomach.

I have increased my sleep from 4-6 hours to 8-9 hours depending on the day.

I'm not very qualified to answer this but I'll take a stab.

How are you testing your bodyfat. Maybe the look of the fat, and bodyfat % result is innaccurate due to bloat or water retention from the cycle?

Thanks for the reply Element.

It's hard to believe that I could be holding that much water considering I am taking arimidex. Still a possibility though, I am not ruling anything out at this point.

I am using caliper method to measure bodyfat.

Ever do refeed days with more carbs?

if youre eating that same diet everyday, thats 1 problem. your body is simply downregulating to match low caloric intake. another point is hiit cardio is not meant to be done daily. its a 2 to 3 times a week at most training style. youre lifting too much too, 6 days a week is alot.

at 1800 calories a day, youre getting less than 10 calories per pound of bodyweight. time to reassess the diet and start calorie/carb/fat cycling. you are stagnating or going backward because of your diet.

your calorie intake appears to low, but I don't think is the problem - a low calorie intake will not halt ur fat loss initially, so u'd at least see that (takes a while for metabolism to slow).

Are you 100% confident that ur scales are working properly? I realised mine had become old and incurrate and no longer weighing food properly - so had to throw them out. How much of the beef are u eating? Are you 100% confident of its fat content?

My first instinct is that ur someone calculating ur food cals wrong and are consuming more than 1800.

Post ur diet (meal schedules etc) for people to critique.

Timtim: I totally disagree that his body in this period of time - 2 weeks of strict dieting - would have downregulated his cal intake to such a degree. It takes longer than this and fat loss would have at least occurred before this downregulation would have occurred.

your calorie intake appears to low, but I don't think is the problem - a low calorie intake will not halt ur fat loss initially, so u'd at least see that (takes a while for metabolism to slow).

Are you 100% confident that ur scales are working properly? I realised mine had become old and incurrate and no longer weighing food properly - so had to throw them out. How much of the beef are u eating? Are you 100% confident of its fat content?

My first instinct is that ur someone calculating ur food cals wrong and are consuming more than 1800.

Post ur diet (meal schedules etc) for people to critique.

Timtim: I totally disagree that his body in this period of time - 2 weeks of strict dieting - would have downregulated his cal intake to such a degree. It takes longer than this and fat loss would have at least occurred before this downregulation would have occurred.[/QUOTE]

i missed that 2 week part. my bad. i agree, wrong.

Here is a couple of samples of my meals. A bit different than I described above as far as ratios go... My protein intake could be higher by 50-75 grams/day. That would be an easy fix, I could just add another protein shake in and get my calories as well as my protein up. It looks that I am getting between 175-225g protein, 100-135g carbs, right around 50g fat.

Sample 1-

Meal 1: Whey Protein Shake w/ soy milk, 1tbsp flax oil, 1 cup whole oats
460 calories

Meal 2: 2 whole grain rice cakes w/ 1tbsp natural peanut butter
258 calories

Meal 3: 1 cup whole grain rice, a can tunafish
405 calories

Meal 4: 1 cup whole grain rice, 4oz lean beef, 1 serving asparagus or green beans
512 calories

Meal 5: Casein Protein Shake w/ soy milk
210 calories

1843 calories total

Sample 2 -

Meal 1: 6 egg white, 1 cup whole grain rice

Meal 2: Whey protein shake w/ soy mils, 1tbsp flax oil

Meal 3: 1 Cup oats w/ whey protein and milled flax seed

Meal 4: 6oz fish, 1 sweet potato, green beans, flax oil drizzle

Meal 5: Casein Protein shake w/ soy milk

Approx 1825 calories

Top Bottom