Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to make flax oil taste better?What to mix it with?

I just drink it from the bottle (with a spoon), but then the supplier that I get it from here in the UK does state that they try to make it taste as pleasant as possible.

They even do chili and garlic versions for people who want to put it on salads. I just use the normal stuff though.

Quality flax should be in an opaque or dark glass bottle- and have a darker than yellow color- pale yellow is not good. Sounds as if it is rancid already. You may happier if you invest in new flax.
Good on vegies, salad, tuna, chicken, fish, protein shakes, oatmeal...

Thanks Peep's,

I think I will invest in some new stuff. It's been in the refrigerator since the middle of May. It doesnt taste rotten or anything. Maybe I could shake it up and see if it goes away.

The Agent

If its cold pressed flax oil, looks cloudy and tastes bad - throw it away, and some fresh stuff.

Won't some oils cloud if they're kept very cold? Might not be spoiled...

I had some fresh Flax oil that tasted awful - forget the maker. It had sediment in it and ligands whatever the hell those are. Sounded good at the time.

I've found that floating flax oil on some diet 7-up or Coke in a small cup and then shooting it and chasing it with the soda works pretty well.

Well I keep mine in a very cold fridge, and it is still a clear golden liquid - no sediment, abosulutely no cloudiness.

Pure cold pressed flax oil shouldn't be cloudy.

Guys, I went home yesterday and shook the flax oil and that took care of that cloudy stuff that was in it. It does'nt taste rancid.

The Agent

That's good.

Have you tried any of the suggestions on how to take it without feeling sick?

Maybe when you come to getting some more you can try a different supplier - some flax oils are much more pleasant to drink than others.

Top Bottom