Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much time do you give to others in the gym?

How much time do you help out in the gym?

• Not at all

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Less than 30 min per week

• 1 hour per week

• More than an hour per week

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

bblazer

Banned
I'm just wondering how much time you give to others in the gym. Maybe helping someone new that has no idea what they are doing, or giving a spot, or picking up the big dumbbells that the guys left on the floor who where tough enough to use them, but not tough enough to put them back, etc....

B-

if Im there when the gym is closing I spend 10mins or so helping the two guys who work there to clean up all the dumbells and plates left lying everywhere and the benches scattered around, I say 10mins but thats just because it only usually takes 10mins to sort it all out if it took longer then I would spend longer...

when i get to the gym its all business. i ignore everything and everyone around me. i leave bars loaded, leave piles of weights ect. after im done i go back to the kitchen area and eat then i come out i clean up whats left of my messes answer all the goofy questions, smile and nod at all the same comments for 5-15 minutes then go home. its a pain in the ass.

I help one of my friends out for like 3 hours a week, a do my workout alongside him and have him do his at the same time.

I work out at home, but I do have a couple nephews on my wife's side in Dallas who come to me for advice... I just answer questions about my workouts, and tell them how I keep myself in shape, and what I eat, etc. Basically I consult. I've never trained anyone... I don't consider myself qualified. They go and use my weight room in Dallas, which I set up for when I'm there. The rule is that they cannot work out alone, and I could show up at any time, and I better not find plates lying all over the room, or funk on the benches.

Charles

I just pick up the stuff around me, I only openend my mouth one time to help a noob out an he threw it in my face so I'm never offering advice again unless asked.

i really only help people when they ask me... i also give some of my friends advice who workout from time to time, but i have realized that most people don't have the dedication to lift 3-4 times a week and stick to a routine. that's about it.. im not strong like most guys here, but I have helped one of my friends lose 30 pounds in 2 months and i at least like to think i know more than it seems from my stats.

Joed- i understand you have a great mentality when you go to the gym, but i think it's common courtesy to unload the weights when you're done with them. I hate when i am going to bench and there is 285 pounds on the bar from the guy before me and i have to unload the weight myself.

gstacker (this pertains to everyone as well)- i know that you offered your helped the kid for all the right reasons, but people don't like to be told what to do, especially if they have an ego and think what they're doing is correct. When people tell me i squat way too deep and that i am going to fuck up my knees, i don't get mad because i know they are telling me with the right intentions- i explain to them why i go deep, and they usually have no idea what i am saying so they just stop. However, I can see why some people who are adament about their regimen can get upset if someone tells them what to do without being asked.

I hate when i am going to bench and there is 285 pounds on the bar from the guy before me and i have to unload the weight myself.

IMO thats just plain lazy, I dont think I have ever gone over to the benchpress and the bar has been empty, but then again there is just an assortment of plates on the floor around the bench press rack so you just unload the plates onto the floor or leaning against the wall (the benchpress is in the corner) and load up the plates that u want that are lying around of if u need one that isnt there the smith machine is right near is and the pins on that have an assortment of plates on so its never hard to find the ones you want and when you unload the plate other people have used you just put them on the floor. Say someone has like 155 on the bar and I walk over I just pull all the plates off and drop them on the floor, then as Im pyramiding up I will just pick up the plates that are already on the floor and put them on each set.

I can understand it being annoying though if you have a big ass gym and the plate racks are far away...

disagreed ^^ nobody should have to unload weights that they didn't use. It's not like you're working out at home where everything is yours- there are multiple people using it. I especially hate when i am waiting for the rack, and someone finishes their last set, and just leaves without taking off the weights. They think it's my responsibility to take off weights that they put on? Especially when someone is doing 4 rep set power shrugs with 405, and they just leave. I mean, come on i shouldn't have to take off 8 plates.. If the fucker i am talking about does it to me next time i am going to ask him if he's going to take off the weight because it's a pain.

If you put the weights on, you should have the common courtesy to take them off so when someone else comes they can just get started with their workout. I really don't think there is much debate as to whether you should leave them on

i agree i should unload everything, but i dont and wont while im training because it interferes with my training. but i do clean up after i am finished training and refueling. its just one of those things. the staff and owners at both of my gyms are more than ok with it. it does suck for the little guy who has to unload 6 hundred lb plates from the squat rack if he wants to use it.

Top Bottom