Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many do this in a Back workout?

Do you do pull-ups as part of your workout?

• Yes, everytime I work my back

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Yes, although I vary my workouts.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • No, never have never will

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
i start back workout with a couple sets of pullups. i usually go palms towards and vary the grip width.

i bought a belt the other day so i can start doing weighted pullups and especially dips !! im fucking pumped !

i have done 25 before in HS, but i weighed about 115.. and it was right from the start.. i wanted to beat the record which for my age was 27, but the school record was 36.. i wonder what that guy looked like...:confused:

i do pullups last in my back routine.. and get 3 sets of 10,8,8 or 10,8,6 something like that.. its harder that the end.. but oh well:)

When I was in 6th grade (!!) I saw a kid do 49 pullups, in a row. I shit you not. He was like 4'6" and ripped beyond belief. It was crazy, he just gave a little jerk and his chin flew up to above the bar. Then he'd just fall back to start position, and give another jerk. His 49-rep set probably took under 30 seconds. It just blew my mind.

-casualbb

Charles Poliquin says pull-ups are the back's squat. They've been a big part of my routine for a while now.

I use four variations:
1. Wide-grip pull-ups (pronated grip)
2. Medium-grip pull-ups (pronated grip)
3. Medium-grip chin-ups (supinated grip)
4. Close-grip chin-ups (supinated grip)

I suck at them, but i've been working on them. Problem is as i get stronger on them, my bodyweight keeps goin up, so i can never seem to do a whole lot more reps...

collegiateLifter said:
I suck at them, but i've been working on them. Problem is as i get stronger on them, my bodyweight keeps goin up, so i can never seem to do a whole lot more reps...

That's not a bad thing. If your weight is going up consistently and your reps are staying fairly constant, then you are actually making progress. Its all relative.

of ALL exercises, it is the pull ups that are so often done with improper form.

i can probably do 50 pullups improperly. my biceps and forearms will work harder than ever.

done correctly using back, rear delt, traps, and biceps, i can maybe complete 10.

FORM FORM FORM

I do some variation of a pullup every back workout. On strength days, I use weight; on hypertrophy days, I just go for reps, with a nice long stretch at the bottom. I love pullups! My favorite is wide with a neutral grip - it really hits the lats!

I do pull ups every back workout (wide grip-palms out). I recently started working out with an old friend who weighs a paltry 135-140lbs and he is currently achieving some serious gains since he has never lifted before (I miss that period!!). Although he says he HATES pull-ups he grudgingly admits that he's had some of his best results and increases with the pull-ups.

When we started a couple of months ago he could get maybe 2 reps off on a wide grip-max! Yesterday I watched him start to fail late in his 4th set!! (I have him on a 5X5 program-when he gets 5X5 on the WGPU we'll add some plates on a belt).

Myself I've been trying to slowly widen my grip as wide as possible rather than add weight on a belt (increase difficulty by adding 2-3 inches on my grip next time). So far I think I'm still getting some gains and I'm still sore. I'm going to have to go to a belt soon though or grow longer arms!!!

I pretty much dropped the lat pulldowns for a while but just to try and hit my lower lats, I'm going to add a couple of heavy sets of 8-10 after my WGPUs. My back is wider than any point in my life right now - I believe as a result of the WGPUs!

O.K. that's my 2 cents.

Top Bottom