Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How does my uppper/lower split looking?

ShortMonster

Lower Day 1

Squats -5x5
SLDL-5X5
Standing Calf-6x6-8

Upper Day 1
BB Bench Press 3x5-8
BB Rows-3x5-8
Military Press 3x5-8
Chins 3x5-8
BB Curls 3x5-8
Dips 3x5-8
DB Shrugs 3x5-8
Crunches 3x25

Heavybag 5x2 min rounds

Lower Day 2
Leg Press SS/ Standing calf 5x8-12
Leg Extension SS/ Leg Curls 5x-10-15
Seated Calf-4x-8-12

Upper 2
Incline DB SS/ Pulloverx 4x8-12
T-bar rows SS/ One armed DB Rows 4x8-12
Seated DB Press SS Lateral Raises 4x8-12
BB Curls SS One armed DB Preacher 4x8-12
Scullcrushers SS Pushdowns 4x8-12

Heavybag 5x 2 min rounds

Goals? Strength or Hypertrophy or...? Training level/experience? Stats (height/weight/lifts etc)

Lower 1: 16 sets
Upper 1: 21 sets (not counting abs which you should probably move to lower body)
Lower 2: 24 sets
Upper 2: 40 sets!

Even if you include the abs with the lower day, that's 40 total lower sets vs 61 total upper sets. Pretty vastly unbalanced. Frankly, I don't see how you will be able to sustain this workout for any significant period of time. It's going to probably take 2+ hours to complete...minimum, unless you're rushing through everything and half-assing it.

If you want to do this style of split (and without me knowing anything at all about you), what about something more like (just an example):

Note: If it says e.g. 5x5, then start off doing 2 warmup sets and 3 "work sets" at the same or nearly the same weight

Lower 1
BB Squat 5x5
BB SLDL 5x5
BB Reverse Lunges 3x8 (or even remove this)
Complex: Declined Crunches/Standing Calf Raise/Hyperextensions 3x8

Upper 1
BB Bench 5x5
BB Parallel Row 5x5
DB Overhead Press 3x8
Chinups (supinated grip) 3xfailure or add weight if you can do more than 15 deadhang

Lower 2 (or repeat Lower 1)
BB Front Squat 5x3
BB Conventional Deadlift 3x3 or 1x5 (ramp up to top set of 5 in 4-6 sets as necessary)
Cable Pullthroughs/GHR 3x8 or 3xfailure if you're doing GHR
Complex: Declined Crunches/Sitting Calf Raise/Hyperextensions 3x8

Upper 2 (or repeat upper 1)
BB Military Press 5x5 or Push Press 5x3
Pullups (pronated grip) 5xfailure or add weight if you can do over 15 deadhang reps
DB Bench (or DB Incline if you prefer) 3x8
T-Bar Row 3x8

Try to add 5 pounds or at least 1 rep to at least one of your sets every time you repeat an exercise on the main lifts. If you want to add reps then stay within +/- 2 reps of posted reps. Here, the top 2 exercises for each day would be your main movements that you'd try to really push on. The rest is accessory stuff, that you can just do what you can, or even drop it if you're in a hurry that day.

This routine is more doable (only about 16 sets per day), more balanced between upper and lower and more geared toward compound lifts.

Or check out the ultimate split thread at the top of this forum.

If you are training for power then I would expect sets of 2-4 reps at 50-60% of your 1RM and possibly some plyometrics, and I don't see that anywhere. Did you mean strength?

Just seems like there's a good amount of extraneous stuff in that routine, and that it isn't going to be practical to try and increase the weights by all that much.

Top Bottom