Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how did you get past being either Bigger and fatter or Smaller and leaner?

Some good answers here. I guess technically Im still a novice since Ive only been cycling seriously since early 2012. Decided to just go on TRT for life since Im already 38 and dont want to deal with the rollercoaster of PCT and what not. Still just trying to figure out what works for myself as far as getting the most out of a cycle or bodybuilding in general. I just hate getting on cycle, gaining mass and bloat, losing it and hoping to keep a few lbs, repeat. I could be more disciplined with the diet thats for damn sure, gotta face facts here.

Some good answers here. I guess technically Im still a novice since Ive only been cycling seriously since early 2012. Decided to just go on TRT for life since Im already 38 and dont want to deal with the rollercoaster of PCT and what not. Still just trying to figure out what works for myself as far as getting the most out of a cycle or bodybuilding in general. I just hate getting on cycle, gaining mass and bloat, losing it and hoping to keep a few lbs, repeat. I could be more disciplined with the diet thats for damn sure, gotta face facts here.

You went the doctor route or did you decide to self-prescribe this TRT?

You went the doctor route or did you decide to self-prescribe this TRT?

I went the HRT clinic route to start but they wanted way too much for their compounded pharm gear so I started making my own gear. My natural T levels run between 350-400 and with my homebrew at 125mg/wk my T levels are at 1120. I made a thread about it if you saw it.
Im just gonna blast and cruise the rest of my life.

Rick sounds like he's got it right. I started doing Paleo and Intermittent Fasting at the beginning of this year. For years I struggled with the mental game getting lean plays with you. To achieve "the look" that you want you're probably going to want to be around a manageable 6-9% body fat and to get your BF that low you are most likely going to weigh less than you hoped.

Get on Simplyshredded.com and find someone you're height. I'm 5'10" and I was shocked at how many 5'10" guys there are that, in my opinion, look amazing, then I see they're weighing in at 185lbs. I'm between 220-225lbs right now and guessing I'm around 12% BF. Normal people think I look great but being my own worst critique I tell them I'll probably have "the look" I want at 200lbs. Their eyes pop and they say "no way do you have 20-25lbs to lose"...I tell them they'd be surprised.

My goal now is to get as lean as I can this year. I'll reevaluate Jan 2014 and see where i stand. I constantly tell myself not to worry about how much I weigh and just work on dropping body fat.

I think bulking and cutting is bullshit, need to be realistic about your goals and actually achieve them, don't get to a certain weight and then feel like you have to bulk up again because you feel too small. We're the same age bro, at this age it's just about wanting to look good for your wife and also to get hit on at the bars by someone 10 years younger and feel like the man.

For me it was to be the hardest looking dad at the baby pool this year - mission accomplished - lock it up!

You definitely have the right idea bro. There is entirely too much stock put into scale weight, and always have been in bodybuilding. People say "I'm bulking to 200" or something along those lines and gauge the success of a cycle by the amount of lbs gained. Nobody sees you walking down the street or on stage or whatever, and says "wow I bet he is 220" but they will say "damn he is jacked!"

I use the scale for one purpose only....to gauge success of carbups, check carb depletion, or water bloat. I use the mirror which is what everyone should be doing. Whether off cycle or on... regardless, I constantly make adjustements to get my desired result. I will adjust calorie and carb intake depending in what I see. If people would put the scale away for 6 months and went by the mirror they would be amazed at what they could do without that mind game and distraction it causes.

And yes, just about everyone doesn't realize how much fat they are holding. It always amazes me how everyone on a board is primarily 10-12% when they tell you. Reality is that its much higher.

Top Bottom