Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Home-made protein shakes

Flexmachine69

Post workout I use a store bought protein powder, but I want to get some added protein in between meals. I'm a little tired of spending 25 mins every time I want to cook up a frozen chicken breast. I tried making a quick shake with raw eggs,milk, and honey, but half of it turns to foam. Do you guys know how to make some decent home-made protein shakes without it turning to foam? Any help is appreciated.

bro the foam in my shakes (which consist of primarily whey) are inevitable. I try to keep it in blender the shortest amount of time possible, b/c the longer you keep it there the more foam I get. If you want my opinion on protein, stick w/ real food every chance you get and use the shake only when necessary. I'll use the shake after a workout and when i'm starved and have no prepared food. You cannot compare a shake (even if it is blenderized food) to solid food (non blenderized).

About homemade shakes, if i'm dieting i use just straight whey and either peanutbutter or flaxseed oil. If i'm bulking i'll throw in ice-cream, milk, peanut butter/or flax, maltodextrin/or solid carb, and some metamucil for fiber. The fat and fiber will slow down digestion of your protein. If you're really hard core to the floor you can try a tuna shake, but i hear a lot of people end up peuking from these :D

this foam deal happens w/ every jug of protein i buy. Right now i'm useing Sportsone, lots of foam but it tastes really damn good. So i'll fight the foam for the better taste and cheap price it goes for.

It depends on if you're taking it as part of your diet. I put a couple tbspns in. If you only need to reduce the foam, a teaspoon or so should do it.

Foam huh? I've never really had this problem....what do you guys use to mix your shakes??

I just use a glass bottle with a screw-top lid....throw in a scoop of powder and about 8oz. of water and shake vigorously for 10 seconds or so....

Maybe it's the powder I use but I've never had a foamy shake...

My latest method of eating powdered protein is to mix it in a small ball with just enough water to make it a thick paste....might sound gross but it's kind of like eating chocolate sauce....and you sort of have to chew it so it gets those digestive enzymes cranking (the theory here being that "flatulence" will be reduced....not sure if it works....sniff sniff....):rolleyes:

Foam :confused:

I dont think ive ever gotten foam in my shake, at least not anything to be worried about.

For homemade shakes you can throw almost anything in there as long as you can stomach it. Here are some examples of things I use;

Oils
Flax Oils
Fish Oils
Canola Oil

Protein
Powdered Milk
Ice cream
Malted Milk powder
Canned Tuna
Canned salmon
Protein powders

Carbs