Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holy FUCKING SHIT! I *HATE* nutritionsists

p0ink

Ok, I am really getting fucking sick of these idiots who think they know god damn everything about nutrition and working out because they have a shitty BA in nutrition from the local community college. a college near by recently employed one of these 'experts' to be the nutritionist for the football team. well this lady, who has her head completely up her ass, cut their protein intake DRASTICALLY and has even told their coach to have their players stop doing squats, unless they are extremely light. This is fucking ridiculous. The reason I am so pissed off is because of the response I got from this stupid bitch. Which I shall post below.

Retarded post #1

Hi Zachariah and Poink - first, Poink I realize that you are trying to be helpful and give the best advice that you know, however, each person is very different and what works for one, does not work for everyone...the next thing is...how tall are you? I am curious because you went up to 240lbs form 140 in 4 yrs...are you a body builder? What type of training do you, as far as working out and martial arts?
My next question is, have you had your blood work tested in the last 6 mths and if yes, I am curious about your BUN, Creat, Na, ALT, AST, and your chol, trig, LDL, HDL (if you have those within the last 6 mths, please tell me what they are).

As far as zachariah your questions, you don't want a 5000 kcal diet and you don't want a high protein diet, unless you are invincible....I can't tell you how many young male clients I have seen via Doctor recommendation and/or in the hospital because they have screwed up their kidneys, given themselves gout, and/or have hypercholemia because of this 'high' protein diet.

How much weight do you want to gain? I will give you an appropriate amount of kcalories to help you with the amount of weight you want to add...and yes, weight lifting is very important to help you 'bulk' up to get the extra weight as muscle mass. Then from their I will tell you the adequate amounts of protein, carbs, and fats that you will need to help you meet your quest.

However, Poink is correct with the 'never skip breakfast' and getting lots of sleep. Those are very important for your bodies energy, absorption & restoration needs.

Nutritionally yours,
Deb

Retarded post #2 (I posted Crumbcake's diet for someone and look what I get)

POINK, THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO LIST THEIR 'FAD' DIETS OR DO SALES PITCHES!
Please do not do this again or you will be blocked from this web nutrition site.

p.s., what kind of name is POINK?

Retarded Post #3 (I was listing various methods for recovering from an injury, and one of them was *gasp* STEROIDS!)..fuckin bitch

Poink, this is NUTRITION, not hormonal therapies...besides, you are not a doctor...please don't give advice that is harmful...if you want to put your two cents in, great, but please stick to what you know
Debbie

Retarded post #4 (I mention twinlab as a decent multi, and look what I get)

Hi Paul, I didn't forget about you, I was in an infomercial called Abs & More in Las Vegas.
Wow, Poink you really get around...however, as a Nutritionist I have to say, I totally cannot agree with the advice on this one...wow, you really sound like a sales person from a vitamin store.

Paul, as far as working your arms and abs, I would suggest to take a kickboxing class (the aerobic ones, not sparing/fighting). This will tone up your abs and your arms...trust me, any kind of weight that you want to go from the arms and abs will disappear if you do the kickboxing classes 2 per week. You will get results very very quickly.

I have to say, with the workout schedule that you have and your waist line, you don't sound like you are over weight at all.

As far as food advice to help, I can say do not have high protein low carbs...those are fads and will cause you problems in the short and long run (as it has many many times before in the past and present....as high protein diets were in during the 70's and trust me...if they worked...they would not have disappeared and everyone would be doing that for over 30's years now...but it doesn't work and is trying to have a come back because people are frustrated with the low protein diets/high carb diets that were a fad and pushed on everyone during the mid 80's to late 90's).

Just make sure you include 3-4 fruits (which 1/2 cup of juice = 1 fruit) per day, at least 5 servings of (1 cup of raw, 1/2 cup of cooked) vegetables each day, at least 80 oz of water per day, 9 servings of whole grains (READ THE LABELS TO SEE WHAT ONE SERVING SIZE IS: e.g. 1 slice of bread = 1 serving, 1 bagel = 6 servings, 1/2 cup of pasta = 1 serving, etc...), and have 8 - 11 oz of meat (lean red meat, chicken, turkey, fish, soy product, even lean pork).....stay away from salty meats (smoked, salted) and don't add salt to your foods.

let me know if you have more questions...and stay away from protein food replacers....BIG NO NO

Deb

That lady needs to put down her Grape Juice and Opera Mag and get with it.

I used to get really irritated with IGNORANT people like that, but bro, it's not even worth your time and effort.

Just laugh it off and say "okay toots, whatever you say".

And while you're walking around with 7% bodyfat at 85 years old picking up genetically gifted tittilicious 20 years olds you can give all your credit to eating 1 slice of bread, 1 cup of Juice and participating in Rubber-band kick aerobic classes.... Thank you Mrs. Debby.

Fuckably Yours,

Crum :bday:

Idiotic Post #5 (I reccomend someone to find out their BMR and work from there for gaining weight and look what I get)

Poink, you are not making this an open discussion, you are advising people what to do. You are not the nutritionist for this website and you aren't a nutritionist or a doctor....it's one thing to say, hey..this is what I do and it works for me..but it's another to write....do this....

what year are you in school?

Poink, also, no he doesn't have to find his BMR (basal metabolism rate)- I get paid alot of money to consult people...if he wants to know his BMR, I will help him also there are soo many theories of what is best, not just by doing the BMR - that is not sufficient enough...I can tell you are/were in sales at the vitamin shop, you have that very pushy salesperson tone.

Poink, there are thousands of people that could send in their favorite articles proving yours wrong or supporting it...but that is not what this web is here for....not to send favorite 'fad' diets or try to promote brands of supplements that you sell in your store...please stop or you will be blocked if you continue doing this.

If you want to discuss you and your health, nutrition, etc...fine...but DO NOT try to sell your items or send quotes of your fad diets and incorrect information - again, if you dicuss them...fine, but don't answer peoples questions giving them incorrect advice

Retarded post #6 (I post a Cy Wilson article on why there are advantages to consuming more than the RDA of protein, and I get this shit)

Poink, what is your degee in? I know that you are a student studying chemistry and that you work(ed) in a vitamin shop..but what is your bachelor, masters and/or Ph.d., Ed.d in?
I really have this feeling that you are just learning new information, which is great, however, people who have done thesis learn and know that there are MANY MANY different theories out there and it is SO crucially important to read these objectively.

Meaning, you must find out: 1) who funds the research and/or writer, 2) what are the credentials of the writer/researcher, 3) when were the studies performed?, 4) what techniques were used, 5) who and how were the subjects picked to be in the study, 6) who is the study geared towards?

So, I am going to ask you who wrote this article, what magazine did you find it in, what was the credentials of this writer, and have you done your homework by reading the negative side effects of too much protein - the SHORT AND LONG TERM affects.

Please answer these questions Poink.

Thanks,
Debbie

Retarded post #7 (Crumbcake, she hates you and your diet more than child molesters)

Hi Poink & Tiki, okay okay, fine Poink, if you are not trying to do sales pitches or through fad diets at people...fine, if you are really making this an open discussion then I will discuss...but I would appreciate that you write in the fashion of 'open discussion' and not as an 'advice column' by poink!
First of all, Tiki, you are correct, most people who do these types of diets will end up very sick - some people, perhaps Poink and a few other people, will be okay (Poink, if you got a physical, please email me the ones I asked for...I am curious to see what ranges they fall in and also with your exact current weight, age and height - just curious, thanks).
But most people who do 'extreme' diets end up hurting themselves in the short and sometimes even long run (depending on how long they stay on these fad diets). One thing that is definite is that by doing this
8 week fad diets, you WILL mess with your metabolism rate and this will cause weight gain in the future. Poink, ask your parents, their friends, and even people who have done these diets in the past....they all gain weight back and usually even more....come on, do you honestly believe that these diets are the first types like this?!?!

These have been around since the early 1900's...these today are just variations of what never worked before and still don't work today.

The idea of food is to give you energy, help keep you fit and ejoy life......not to worry every momment about what you are eating so that you can't even enjoy your food because you are so busy with calculations and figuring out what will be the next meal...to find that you are only hurting yourself or, when you stop the 'diet' or 'fat burner' pills....you gain it all back.

That is not what me, a nutritionist promotes. I promote a way of eating that is healthy, balanced, has variety, adequate nutrition, and allows people to enjoy life without worring about extra weight gain, and for BJJ or other sports, can get the optimal nutrients needed for optimal results without harming their body (organs), today or years from now.

This is why I don't promote these diets that are all extreme and why I don't promote 'miracle' pills that help burn fat or increase metabolism...why you ask? Simple, because people can't live their life like this...these are quick answers to solve a problem short term.....and if people do try to live their life on these diets....they do get very sick, like Tiki already said she knows of 3 people...I could give you a list of young and old people I had to work with in the hospital....as well, living these extreme diets or taking pills, limits you from social events too, it's hard to really enjoy yourself when you are too busy thinking about if you can eat their and if so, do they have the foods you need..or did you take that pill you need....you should be able to live life and enjoy...eat to live.....live to eat!

LOL!!!!!! This seriously is one of the FUNNIEST threads of ALL time.

Poink, i love u man, keep buggin her LOL!!.

Post the Modified Version of the program, I honestly do not understand how a "Nutritionist" would disagree with that.

LoL, What a cute lil monkey she is.

Later

Top Bottom