Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holmes' Log '07

Thanks! I got some questions about the overall frequency though, which thread you found.

Just some thoughts after the workout. Bench felt good, and I kept my elbows tucked in as much as possible. My weak point seemed to be where the arms are at 90 degrees (the press slowed), but a bit more pushing with the tris brought the weight right up. Still gotta work that transition and get the groove going. Some speed bench next push day could be the ticket for a bit of a boost come next weeks workout. I havent done any speed bench for damn near two years.

Went for a brisk bike ride. Ended up doing super slow seated wheelies on my mountain bike behind the local school before it was all over. Pretty easy on the midsection but I felt the grip aching after just a while. A lot easer than standing wheelies physically, but harder to balance while seated. A nice stretch of the hams and flexors felt nice after the ride.

Hella pumps tonight, my blood pressure is really high. Im gonna take some salt and potassium sups and see if it helps a bit. I need another meal or two as well.

Pullups 5x5 BW +5 lbs
Deadlifts 65x5, 85x5, 95x5, 115x5, 140x5 , 200x1 PR!
Pulley row 45lb x5, 60 x5, 80 x5, 1000 x5, 110 x5

I was teaching my friend how to deadlift today. He did pretty good for his first time, worked up to 200x5 with a BW around 225 I think. He's gonna be sore tomorrow! After he did his last set he asked if I could DL 200. I couldnt refuse the offer! Never tried to max on DL, but 200 wasnt too hard really.

Went for a nice bike ride today and woke up with some ab work and stretching. Im going to hit up the Needsize ab routine tomorrow with my normal routine. 135x5 on bench tomorrow, gonna get them big plates. That was my max in high school, just barely squeezed it out before the end of '99.

Time to eat eggs and sleep 8 hours.

JohnRobHolmes said:
Went for a nice bike ride today and woke up with some ab work and stretching. Im going to hit up the Needsize ab routine tomorrow with my normal routine. 135x5 on bench tomorrow, gonna get them big plates. That was my max in high school, just barely squeezed it out before the end of '99.

Time to eat eggs and sleep 8 hours.

Nice job on the new deadlift PR! And gl on the full plate bench tomorrow, you'll get it no problem....keep it up bro!

Push day

bench 45x10, 65x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5
OHP 45x8, 55x5, 65x5, 70x5, 75x5
Squat 75x3, 95x3, 115x3, 135x3
needsize abs 5x5
external rotator cuff 10lb 2x5 4lb 3x10

Good workout. OHP was hard. Last set of bench was slow and my elbows were all over the place. I gotta work those rotators a lot more if I want the bench to keep climbing every week. Im only 10lbs away from previous PR on bench.

Feeling great though. Went light on squats since I was in running shoes, and Deads are tomorrow anyway.

Rotators are important.

Targeting your rear delts can help as well as that is typically a very neglected area. Been hitting them hard on the last couple shoulder days and it feels like my posture is improving and the shoulder looks more balanced.

Singles are fun.

Hey holmes, an old favorite of Doug Hepburn's for building strength was to pyramid up in weight for doubles and triples to his heaviest work set and do 6 singles with that weight. Increase the weight by 5-10lbs every time you make your 6 singles.

I used this method for 9-11 months in the past and it's fantastic. Only use it on 1 exercise like bench or squat, but it seriously works. My best maximal squat strength was from using that method.

It also invigorates you as the weight is not your absoltue max, but within 10-20lbs of it. Builds peak strength and you can rest as long as you need between singles so it actually energizes you, or at least it did for me. :Chef:

Went breakdancing last thursday, and it made me seriously sore! I had the DOMS in my legs and abs until today. I guess that means I still have em. I skipped friday pulling because my lats were so damn sore from flairs.

Rode my bike into downtown last night, gonna go ride back into town in just a few for "earth day". Good to get back on the bike without back discomfort.

Top Bottom