Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holmes' Log '07

Weighed myself today at 144lb with shoes and notebook in hand. Im eating like never before and still I hover around 140. I figured 170grms of protein a day and would add up over a few weeks of time to at least a couple of pounds. My arms have increased in size though, up an inch around the bicep from 8 weeks ago. Nice little newbie gain.

Im just gonna stick to this 5x5 as long as I can make gains. I cant stay settled on how often I want to train though. 3 days per week, 4 days every 8, 4 days per week, etc. I am averaging 4 days every 8 right now.

Pullups 5x5 BW +5 lbs
Deadlifts 65x5, 85x5, 95x5, 115x5, 140x5 , 140x2
Nautilus row 90lb x5, 110 x5, 130 x5, 180 x5, 200 x5
a bit of Bi work
Farmers walk 50lb dbs

Tested the grip a bit more today. Left had was getting sluggish toward the end of the walk. I squeezed as much as I could, got back to the rack no problems.

midsection.

Pullups were suprisingly easy today. I really didnt feel any strain. They were just a bit slower than normal. I was really working on the snatch from the bottom. The pullup/ dip structure I was hanging on tends to wear me out faster because it flexes a bit. I was really yanking that sucker, giving it a run for its money. I prefer a solid structure though. Makes every rep count more with no bouncing around.

Protein and cals were a little lacking today, only 130g protein or so.

Back in '02 I slipped a disc or strained my lower back while riding a bike. I was doing a wheelie with a heavy backpack on after a month of so of a layoff. I never got that particular injury looked at, so Im not sure what happened. The pain is certainly still there though. Just gotta keep the core strong now to do anything!

Slept a lot last night after a nightcap of 4 eggs and 3 ounces cheese. Woke up feeling great today. No soreness either, but a nice pumped tightness to everything. Woke up and did some light abs today too. I need to wake up everyday with a quick cardio and ab session. It seemed to help limber my back up.

Skipped the gym today in favor of a jog. The weather was beautiful, and when I got back home I did a good bit of stretching and ab work. My midsection was feeling all weirded out from the DL's on wednesday, like my core was the weakest part of the lift.

New goal: be active every single day in some way, lift weights 3x a week as planned. I gotta get back to the shape I was in during highschool and College. I work at home (inactivity happens) and it will slowly kill me if I dont change my life now. This lower back nagging is rediculous, and I have nobody to blame but myself for the incomplete recovery.

Feeling great today! Yesterday's jog did my mind and body well. BW 145 clothed.

Push day

Squat 65x5, 85x5, 95x5, 115x5, 140x5
bench 65x5, 85x5, 95x5, 115x5, 130x5 Shoulda tried 135 as this felt decently easy
OHP 45x8, 55x5, 65x5, 70x5, 75x3
farmers walks 50lb dbs x1
cable pushdown 60lb 10, 12, 10
abs

Pretty good workout. My form on squats is wanting to go wider. Dont know what to think about that, other than my body telling me that quads are weaker than hammies. OHP is rediculously weak, so that will be replacing incline press until further notice. Im close to bodyweight on bench again, so that is good. Gained 1 pound in the past week. Still having a hard time eating enough it seems, but as long as I get stronger I cant complain.

Connective tissues feel good, no aches or pains in my joints.

Top Bottom