Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey.. would this be OVERTRAINING? (Question to everyone +Mic)

~~~ said:
2x6!!?? thats crazy, for that i'll be done in like 2 minutes.. i dont agree on that one..

2x6 is more than enough to promote growth, just go heavy and lift to (or beyond) failure. If you finish early, that's a positive thing, as it leaves you time for other things in life...

Keep in mind that lifting without eating or sleeping a lot is essentially worthless. Eat 1.2-1.4 grams of protien per pound of bodyweight, and try to get 3000+ calories per day. I usually eat three cans of Tuna a day, as well as about 3 litres-1 gallon of protien-fortified milk. An easy way to get a lot of quality protien with little-to-no carbs is to mix 2 cans of tuna and one cup of lowfat cottage cheese in a bowl, add some celery, mix up, and chow down... 80 grams of protien and only 18g. carbs.

Deathspell Omega

(By the way, the Dip is the upper-body squat, and FAR superior to the push-down, in my opinion. Too many people push with their traps and shoulders in the pushdown. CG-Bench Presses are also rather excellent...)

To me that looks like complete bullshit.

1) Why chest three times a week solely with bench press? I am sure you would see better growth if you stuck to one day as Chest and Tris, and blast both with Flat bench, Incline bench, DB Press, Cable crossovers. Now for tris, skull crushers, weighted dips (chest too perhaps), cable pulldowns.

2) This goes for biceps too. Why a random bicep curl in the midst of it all twice a week? Again, I recommend a day for Biceps, and do Barbell curls , alt supinating curls, etc.

I recommend the following split
Mon - chest / tris
Tue- legs, abs
Wed- off
Thurs- Back/Bis/Traps/Rear delts
Fri- Shoulders, abs

Be sure to follow a proper bulking diet and you are set.
Dont complicate it with your split. way fucked up IMO

PS. I am 16 in a couple of weeks, and I squat and deadlift with no problem - yet I make SURE I use good form. Dont sacrifice your spine. My legs grow like weeds from squats, as should yours with the proper regimen.
Deads are great for hams and your lower back.

>> For less problems, do not skip deadlifts and abs, as your stabilizer muscles will weaken, and then you will get hurt from doing heavy movements such as squats.

Good luck,
bl00d

Whatsup bro? Yeah your program looks pretty good to me. I dont agree though that squats or deads stunt your growth if you are under a certain age. I was 12 when I started working out and I was around 5'5"-5'6" and now I am 5'11" and I did squats/deads/bench/hang cleans/etc. all the basic power exercises. I have never had a problem but I dont know. Good luck boss. :D:D

absolutely, my chest is KILLING me right now, and i am absolutely not doing bench press today....

BTW, I noticed there where no pec exercises in the routine...

where would that fit in...

Help Me update it a bit

Mon:
Squat 5x5
Stiff Leg Deadlift 5x5
Bench Press
Calf Raise 5x5
Bicep Curl 3x10

Tues:
Bent row 5x5
Bench Press gone, need to add something for pecs..
Shldr Press 5x5
Shrug 5x5
Tricep Pushdown 3x10

Wed:
Off

Thurs:
Squat 5x5
Stiff Leg Deadlift 5x5
Pulldown 5x5
Calf Raise 5x5
Bicep Curl 3x10

[][[][]][And I also should do something for pecs either thursday or friday... so there both getting hit the same way...

Fri:
Bent row 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Shldr Press 5x5
Shrug 5x5
Tricep Pushdown 3x10 [

~
Or maybe I could work my bodyparts 2 times a week (as shown above) Then the next week only work them 1 time a week...

does that sound good?

actually my

THIGHS, BICEP, AND CHEST ARE ALL HURTING.. but i dont have to worry about them for another 2 or 3 days or whatever...

But i'm still worried about working them 2 days a week.. i mean this routine is a big change from working on my old one 3x12 for all the exercises working them one time a week.. and now I'm doing 5x5 with much heavier weight...

SO SHOULD I DO LIKE I SAID, DO THE ROUTINE AS SHOWN ABOVE WHICH WORKS 2 TIMES A WEEK, THEN THE NEXT WEEK ONLY WORK THE BODYPARTS 1 TIME A WEEK...

I know some people change there workout everyweek, meaning tring to never do the same work out they did in the past...

so should I really do that... It sounds kind of cool.. and it will probably, avoid overtraining of some sort... and i of course arent going to workout something if i'm sore.

~
And to answer the question to whomever asked it,
Yesterday, doing mondays routine, I didnt want to do squats to failure, so i Made them kind of light (but they still hurt totally) the still leg deadlifts, I probably could of gotten 2 or 3 out of myself.. Bench Press was the craziest by far.. I definetely went to failure on that, I was strething my chest out totally and I could feel it, and the day after it hurts the freaking most because I did it to failure really really toughly. Calf raise, in a short answer, no. Bicep Curl, I only did 3x5 because I thought that was what it told me to do, but i misread it and it really is 3x10..... but after 3x5 on my bicep curl and taking every last power i got i did 5 reps, and i'm sure thats why it hurts so much today because of how much strain i put on them tring to get the last reps in.

I waited about 30-60 seconds in between the sets..

OK, I HAVE AN IDEA... HOW ABOUT ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY I DO 5X5 ON ALL OF THEM EXCEPT THE LAST ONE I DO 3X5.. THEN ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY I DO 3X5 ON ALL OF THEM....

THEN THE NEXT WEEK I COULD MAYBE SHORTEN IT DOWN TO WORKING THEM ONCE A WEEK DOING 5X5...??

I NEED SOME CRITQUES ON WHAT I'M THINKING HERE.. SO REPLY!

:D

Hey, i got my Anabolic Protein Mix in today from the proteinfactory, I also got some good ol' flax seed oil.. Anyway, its time for me to go to the gym for tuesdays routine, talk to you guys later.

today for tuesday's routine my back is very sore, and my legs are still sore from monday...

i've used the 5x5 program before and only lifted three days a week using different exercises on each day. i don't know about you but after doing those last three sets all out there is no way in hell i could do it again after only two days of rest

Top Bottom