Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey.. would this be OVERTRAINING? (Question to everyone +Mic)

~~~

Allright, heres whats up, Mic gave me this routine located at this thread

http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=30174

The routine he gave me was this (please look at it closely) This would be working each bodypart 2 times per week..

I just started it today. On monday. Heres the routine. (please read below after the routine for some very important info about myself, and that may be effective to answering that question.

If your serious about "mass" try this. It'll build a serious foundation of solid muscle and strength, something most beginners neglect.

Mon:
Squat 5x5
Stiff Leg Deadlift 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Calf Raise 5x5
Bicep Curl 3x10

Tues:
Bent row 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Shldr Press 5x5
Shrug 5x5
Tricep Pushdown 3x10

Wed:
Off

Thurs:
Squat 5x5
Stiff Leg Deadlift 5x5
Pulldown 5x5
Calf Raise 5x5
Bicep Curl 3x10

Fri:
Bent row 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Shldr Press 5x5
Shrug 5x5
Tricep Pushdown 3x10

First two sets are strict with a tight contraction then last two or three go hard and heavy and see how much you can lift. Very tough routine.

I use this routine myself a couple of times a year, i only last no more than six weeks because its "nasty". After four or six weeks you should be fucked and ready to die. Take a week off then next routine.

Be sure to eat a plenty, can't get big without putting on fat, so eat up. You can always cut up later when you have the mass to show off. Make to get plenty of sleep too.

Sound good? Maybe.. Allright heres some stats about myself that may be a factor

-I'M 13 YEARS OLD

-BEEN TRAINING FOR 1 YEAR, 2-3 MONTHES

and i just started the routine today and my leg is killing me for doing those squats...

Anyway, go ahead voice you opinions, i need to hear them, it seems like a lot of work, working each bodypart two times a week..

- I FINISHED THE MONDAY ROUTINE IN ABOUT 1 HOUR, 10 MINUTES (mic, is that normal)

So please critque, I sure as heck would not want to overtrain..

Please reply with everything you got.. thanks a bunch...

.......................................................~~~

if i were you, i wouldn't do deads of squats. im 16 and waiting till i grow a few more inches or till im 18, you'reat risk at fuking up ur spine and stunning growth.

~WizKid :kaioken:

~~~,

The routine you posted looks quite solid indeed. However, I wouldn't do 5x5 for *everything*, just for certain 'problem areas'. For areas that grow more easily, 2x6 will work. Also, at your age, I wouldn't do any squats with more than 100 pounds on the bar. Go deep and learn the form; thus by the time you decide to start using the heavy weights, you'll already have built a solid foundation.

Ditch the Tricep Pushdowns in favor of Weighted Bench Dips (major Tricep-burners) or Close Grip Bench Presses. The pushdowns may be hard on your elbows. I also think that Standing Military Presses build more total-body strength than Shoulder Presses do. Lastly, you might want to do some Pullovers...

2x6!!?? thats crazy, for that i'll be done in like 2 minutes.. i dont agree on that one..

and for the squats, i dont do over 100lbs... and i'm definetely doing push downs, dips suck. and i basically agree with you with the shoulder press...

thanks for the reply..

and i dont do 5x5 for everything, i do 3x10 on the last one..

But overall, i loved the routine for monday, i'm just worried that it'll be too much, and theres probably only one thing I might change which would be the shoulder press... into a military press of some sort.

and tricep pushdowns dont kill my elbows, back in my old routine I was doing

70lbs for 12 reps without doing absolutely no harm to my elbows.. the only thing i have hurten my elbows (only happened once, and i had to take a day off, and skip the rest of my workout because like everything has to deal with elbows except legs) and that was on the shoulder press, but lately i've been fine with it...

BTW is 70x12 good for my age? I actually have done like 160 or 170 for one, but on that i yanked down the hardest i could, i should of hurten my elbow but i fortunetely didnt.. My tricep is probably indeed my best bodypart, even though i love my traps...

lets get some more replies in.

Wizkid.

do a bit more research on doing dead lifts and squats at your age.

I wont say much because im not authority on the topic.

All i can say for sure is......if you squat wrong you can fuck up your back. or if you have a weak back that can mess it up as well.

If i was you and i was still not going to squat i would spend the next two years doing good mornings, and ab work so that my core was as strong as a tree trunk so that when you decided to do these vital exercises you have less of a chance to mess it up. also spend a lot of time on hamstrings.

I cant remember the exact sentance but it went something like this: if it is bad to squat before 18.......then my baby daughter is in a lot of trouble, cause she squats to go to the potty.
That was a reply (not direct quote) from Ian king the strength coach.

Good to see you still lifting brumans, you gonna be a huge mofo!

Question - are you taking all of those sets to failure?

Wizkid, squats and deads aren't going to stunt his growth, in fact they will promote growth.

Top Bottom