Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this article).

musclemom said:
It's been thought out very carefully and that's why it leaves me confused.

Why would a man, (bear in mind, we're assuming his basic philosophy is that men are better than women), want to be involved with someone who he does not respect? I would rather be alone than be with someone I consider "less than me." I would not want to be involved with someone who is dumber than me, at a lower station in life than me, who is less ambitious than me, who has less potential than me, who is less attractive than me, etc. The day I lost respect for my first husband was the day I started looking for a lawyer.

The blanket statement of "Men are Better than Women" implies all those things I've just listed. Moreover, it implies a basic, inherent overall disregard/devaluation. I honestly cannot understand being involved in a relationship in any shape, form or fashion with a person I disrespected that much.

Why bother producing children when the only reproductive option is mating with someone you consider inferior? By implication, all you'll get is inferior offspring as the woman contributes half of her genetic material, at the very least, that child is 50% a worthless pile of shit, right? And while we're at it, if women are so inferior, what's keeping you from smothering the female ones while they're still in the cradle?

For that matter, for the men who consider women inferior, why aren't they shooting themselves in the head this very moment, because ALL mammals start out in the womb FEMALE. Female is the default gender, actually, for everything. If that weren't the case, beehives and ant colonies would be inhabited by all brothers.

I don't know any men who truly believe that women are inferior but i know a lot of men who have been hurt by women enough for them to want to slag women off at any given opportunity. It goes the other way too...we've all heard the women in the office who bitch about how useless men are. What i was saying was stupid was your 'why aren'tn they in a homosexual relationship?' comment. Sorry but that is stupid because as you know attraction goes far deeper than any conscious decision.

Also...you're underestimating the value people give to having children. Havn't you seen the couples who were so close and would do anything for each other but then as soon as they have a kid they start arguing and the kid becomes the only thing they love? Having kids is a lot of people's way of understanding the reason for living. Wouldn't it be interesting to speak to Henry VIII and ask him why he felt the need to kill every wife that couldn't give him a son? Now there was a man that didn't care for women much but i don't think he could just turn gay.

jd_uk said:
I don't know any men who truly believe that women are inferior but i know a lot of men who have been hurt by women enough for them to want to slag women off at any given opportunity. It goes the other way too...we've all heard the women in the office who bitch about how useless men are. What i was saying was stupid was your 'why aren'tn they in a homosexual relationship?' comment. Sorry but that is stupid because as you know attraction goes far deeper than any conscious decision.

Also...you're underestimating the value people give to having children. Havn't you seen the couples who were so close and would do anything for each other but then as soon as they have a kid they start arguing and the kid becomes the only thing they love? Having kids is a lot of people's way of understanding the reason for living. Wouldn't it be interesting to speak to Henry VIII and ask him why he felt the need to kill every wife that couldn't give him a son? Now there was a man that didn't care for women much but i don't think he could just turn gay.
First of all, in this day and age, reproduction for the purpose of carrying on the family name or protecting the family assets is just dumb .. and the last royal that had to worry about fucking a virgin to get legitimate offspring is still waiting for his mother to croak it :rolleyes: As for Henry VIII -- the man blamed his wives because his fat, gouty ass couldn't get it up half the time and when it could get hard he made girls (there's that darned inferior gender again) and he had the audacity to say (like other leaders we've all heard of) to declare that he knew the mind of God well enough to break away and create a new church :rolleyes:

As for couples whose relationships that being deteriorating as soon as they have kids ... actually that happened in my first relationship and I know a few other women it did too. I won't say our experiences are the only scenario, but I will say that in every case I knew of or was personally involved with it was always the same basic story: daddy got jealous of the baby. He was no longer the exclusive focus of the female's attention, he had to give up play time with his favorite toy (and free time in general) to this pink, smelly, hungry, squalling thing and he got progressively more pouty as he felt increasingly neglected. He blamed the woman for taking care of the baby and blamed the woman for not taking care of him before the baby.

There are emotionally mature men, who are good, joyful, loving fathers out there but in my observation they are the exception, not the rule (which is why I get really pissed at men who belittle "Mr. Moms").

MM will you marry me?

Oh wait... WTF am I going to do with the Grump?.... I REALLY dig him too.

OK you come and play in our hottub and you can bring your hubby too.

But wait a minute... that would make us swingers!!!!

Nevermind... I will just be happy to admire you from afar. Would you be offended if I loved you for your brain?

*giggle*

Re: Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this art

musclemom said:
As for couples whose relationships that being deteriorating as soon as they have kids

nice theory - i'm sure based on personal experience - but that's wrong.

most men love the birth of kids, and enjoy the new addition to the family.

you're negating other factors. new costs added to the budget, wife gaining weight, added stress, wife not going out to clubs, bars, movies and being 'girl gone wild', rising debt - perhaps a new home, more intrusion by in-laws, husband ill-prepared for fatherhood, etc. etc. lots of things.

don't ignore those.

r

Re: Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this art

Razorguns said:
nice theory - i'm sure based on personal experience - but that's wrong.

most men love the birth of kids, and enjoy the new addition to the family.

you're negating other factors. new costs added to the budget, wife gaining weight, added stress, wife not going out to clubs, bars, movies and being 'girl gone wild', rising debt - perhaps a new home, more intrusion by in-laws, husband ill-prepared for fatherhood, etc. etc. lots of things.

don't ignore those.

r
Go back to my post, dear, I specifically included the caveat "I won't say our experiences are the only scenario, but I will say that in every case I knew of or was personally involved with it was always the same basic story:"

The fact is, the addition of a baby creates the most stress when people (male or female) aren't willing to place the needs and wants of another life before their own. That's the greatest challenge of parenthood.

One of the most basic theories of communication, the quickest way to weaken a diad is to introduce a third making it a triad. That is true of ALL relationships that begin with only two...

Nothing male/female about it.

LOL and they said that all that money I spent on college was wasted. WTF did *they* know?! :lmao:

musclemom said:
That's the greatest challenge of parenthood.

combined with the stress of modern living.

people have been having babies for thousands of years. but haven't had to deal with debt stress, obesity, high mortgages, 40 hours of cublice living, people marrying for the wrong reasons, etc. etc. etc. like people deal with now.

r

musclemom said:
First of all, in this day and age, reproduction for the purpose of carrying on the family name or protecting the family assets is just dumb .. and the last royal that had to worry about fucking a virgin to get legitimate offspring is still waiting for his mother to croak it :rolleyes: As for Henry VIII -- the man blamed his wives because his fat, gouty ass couldn't get it up half the time and when it could get hard he made girls (there's that darned inferior gender again) and he had the audacity to say (like other leaders we've all heard of) to declare that he knew the mind of God well enough to break away and create a new church :rolleyes:

I agree that it might be dumb and every day i see people that just shouldn't have had kids. But that doesn't change the fact that it will always happen. There's no point questioning it. It is just nature...we're only animals and most will never feel complete until having reproduced.

musclemom said:
As for couples whose relationships that being deteriorating as soon as they have kids ... actually that happened in my first relationship and I know a few other women it did too. I won't say our experiences are the only scenario, but I will say that in every case I knew of or was personally involved with it was always the same basic story: daddy got jealous of the baby. He was no longer the exclusive focus of the female's attention, he had to give up play time with his favorite toy (and free time in general) to this pink, smelly, hungry, squalling thing and he got progressively more pouty as he felt increasingly neglected. He blamed the woman for taking care of the baby and blamed the woman for not taking care of him before the baby.

This goes both ways. You are talking solely from a female point of view here. Like you said these are the only cases that you have personally known of. Speak to the men and they will tell you that the women were the same. Women seek attention and constant 'romance' just as much from what i've seen.

musclemom said:
There are emotionally mature men, who are good, joyful, loving fathers out there but in my observation they are the exception, not the rule (which is why I get really pissed at men who belittle "Mr. Moms").

I'd disagree with this, they are the exception (at least where i live anyway!) and you see just as many bad mothers as you do bad fathers. Usually the two bad parents ended up finding each other anyway.

Razorguns said:
people have been having babies for thousands of years. but haven't had to deal with debt stress, obesity, high mortgages, 40 hours of cublice living, people marrying for the wrong reasons, etc. etc. etc. like people deal with now.

People used to go to prison because of debt or become servants. People died of disease, famine and starvation. Obesity itself is a symptom of having too much.

Our problems today don't compare.

Longhorn85 said:
People used to go to prison because of debt or become servants. People died of disease, famine and starvation. Obesity itself is a symptom of having too much.

Our problems today don't compare.

Agreed, most of our problems are self-imposed by our choice of lifestyle. It isn't like we have to worry about some hungry animals lunging at us making us the meal of the day. <---- that is pretty fuckin stressfull.

I remember having an interesting conversation with my old roommate in Paris. She came from a poor village in Lebanon and became a mechanical engineer (unheard of for a woman to be an engineer period - forget mechanical engineer) and HATED EVERY SECOND OF IT. She got a job working for an arab sheik in Paris over designing every aspect of his private structures because she was told too. So she effectively escaped the poverty of her home in Lebanon and was able to have *a better life* in Paris... or did she? We half-laughed at ourselves as *modern females* having the luxury of being able to even sit around to *think about* whether or not we were happy in our lives. She would say her parents worked so hard their whole lives (they were poor and had A LOT of kids - we are talking POOR VILLAGE IN LEBANON - CATHOLIC TO BOOT) just to survive that she doesnt ever remember her parents having the free time to ponder whether or not they were happy.... they were just trying to survive and they fought every day to do so. The thought to be depressed or suicidal never once entered their minds. They fought like animals to live. And here we were - no poverty, independent, struggling but by no means just to survive and we wondered if we were any better off as we were both personally depressed and thought of suicide if only for fleeting moments.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom