Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help w/ a Devastating Bicep Routine

tex19692001

Can anyone help me come up with a bicep-blasting workout? My tri's are great, but my bi's are lacking...yeah it's mostly genetics, but I feel that I can get them more up to par with a better workout. THANKS!

You work biceps a lot in other exercises, so you don't have to spend much time on them individually. I would do 2-3 sets of standing barbell curls and 2 sets of inclined dumbbell or hammer curls.

i usually do back and bi's together back first then bicep work starting with the heavy stuff (bb curls, dumbell curls) and ending with my isolation movements (preacher curls, standing high pulley curls). last week though i tried reversing my routine - doing my iso movements with heavier weight first then moving into the bigger movements and ending with my back work. i can't remeber the last time my biceps were that sore!!! it shocked the shit out of my muscles !!!!!!

Thanks guys - I think I will try He-man's suggestion today - never thought about doing that - I usually do back/bi together anyway.

YUP! He-man posted a nice shocker there, i sometimes do forearm work before i work the back....

About the biceps training, keep it short and sweet:

Start with a heavy COMPOUND exercise where most of the stress targets the biceps, which is:

3 sets (6-4 reps) of weighted reverse grip pullups

Follow up by choosing just ONE of the following exercises:

- 3 sets triple drop set dumbell curl
- 3 sets triple drop set hammer curl
- 3 sets 21's hammer curl
- 3 sets triple drop set barbell curl
- 3 sets 21's barbell curl
- 3 * 10 reps scott barbell curl (lower the weight slightly each set to be able to reach 10 reps)

And last but not least one final PUMP set, choose:

- 1 * 20 reps incline db curl
- 1 * 20 reps standing cable curl
- 1 * 20 reps cable curl to head
- 1 * 20 reps concentration curl

This routine works from heavy to lighter weights. Choose a different exercise from the anytime before you work back and you will be shocking your biceps again and again...

You're right about that He-man,shockin' em and then let them grow...i do back and bi's together sometimes ,then i just do arms,just keep changing the order of the exercises,the reps,anything to shock em'.
:D
home_vampirecostume.gif
How ya' like me now

Goahead - outstanding - thanks for the detail.

I'm going for 18 inchers by end of year (currently a little over 17) and I think these suggestions will definately help.

I was probably being too routine with my arms.

Tex for a 1" gain in you biceps your normally talking about putting on 15lbs body weight !, can you do that ?. I never do my biceps on my back day for a number of reason's. But first off your back developement normally suffer's because your biceps give up too soon, being the smaller and weaker muscle, to stop this happening you have to isolate your back with pull over's using either free weights or a machine. This give's a great pump in your back but thats getting away from the point. If you work your bicep first your back will suffer. And if you work your biceps after your back your training them in an already exhausted state, so you'd have to cut back on the amount of weight and set's your doing. Thats my opinion on biceps training with back training.
I'd normally do my biceps after my chest, thereby hitting them HARD when their fresh, so allowing me to train them to their full potential. After all why train them as a secondary muscle group on your back day, which is what your doing, unless of course your a rare breed who can completely isolate their back !. I know I get good pumps in my bi's during back training, regardless what form I use.
My Bicep training varies, but an example would look like this
Standing straight bar curls 4 set's STRICK form.
3 set's of concentration curls.
2-3 set's of hammer curls.
I keep my reps in the 8-10 range, and try my very best to work super strick during my standing BB curls.
For me drop set's and super set's never gave me any gains in my biceps, of course they'd be pumped like hell after a workout. And when some friends with super arms suggested I use the above routine I felt like I was'nt doing enough, but within weeks I started to notice changes in both size and biceps peak.
Regards
Bouncer

you guys seem to have some good info - so, any suggestions for a genetic mutant such as myself that has about 100 feet of space (a slight exaggeration) between the end of their bicep and the crook of their arm? in other words - what's the best approach for bigger bi's with folks that have a short bicep?

what's strange is my body weight can range by 10-15 pounds yet my bi's stay pretty much the same size.

i currently do bb curls and alt seated db curls not on my back day.

hey bouncer - thanks man - yeah I know it's a tough goal to reach, but I'm gonna shoot for it. I like to set high goals - it makes me work harder!

I tried he-man's suggestion yesterday and there was a DEFINITE difference. I'll try yours Monday when I do chest again...separating bi's from back. Thanks for taking the time to explain that approach.

Top Bottom