Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have I become a powerlifter? What defines a powerlifter?

slobberknocker said:
If you compete in powerlifting meets, you're a powerlifter. If you compete in bodybuilding competitions, you're a bodybuilder. If you compete in strongman competitions, you're a strongman. If you compete in football games, you're a football player.

IMO, if you don't compete, you're just lifting weights. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I think it's the competition that really defines what you are.

thats beautiful ... karma to you ...

stepping onstage exposes your flaws too. its all relative i guess. depends on how serious someone takes their sport. if they want to compete in the arena for which they train, then they can be considered a "bodybuilder" or "powerlifter", otherwise they are loosely termed the same based on the style of training they undertake. strength athlete would be more correct i guess, or "cosmetic" athlete.

slobberknocker said:
If you wait until you think you're strong enough, you'll never compete, because you'll never really think you're strong. Just go ahead and get out there and compete, it's so good for you. It forces you to set goals and break them. It really helps your training. I should have done more meets.
There is a guy at the gym who likes to tease me (but in a nice way) about me being a powerlifter because he often sees me training like one. I've never competed but thanks to Nate showing me this...

California Records...

NO RECORDS for the 132 weight class and only a BP record for the 148 weight class!

I've seriously considered competing just for the heck of it! I can't tell you how many times I've told people that I'm "not strong enough" to be a powerlifter...and seeing your post slobberknocker, just made me think about this even more. If I wait until I think I'm strong enough, I'll never do it!

Nonerz said:

There is a guy at the gym who likes to tease me (but in a nice way) about me being a powerlifter because he often sees me training like one. I've never competed but thanks to Nate showing me this...

California Records...

NO RECORDS for the 132 weight class and only a BP record for the 148 weight class!

I've seriously considered competing just for the heck of it! I can't tell you how many times I've told people that I'm "not strong enough" to be a powerlifter...and seeing your post slobberknocker, just made me think about this even more. If I wait until I think I'm strong enough, I'll never do it!

:D tb

Top Bottom