Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hannochikara Jiu-Jitsu-who knows anything about this?

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
Its offered at the new health club I joined, comes with the member ship so Im jumping on it. Ive taken BJJ before and I imagine this is similar, who has any info on this?

Find out if they make you wear a hakama. :)

Seriously, the Brazilians jettisoned a lot of stuff from the original Japanese schools to get down to business. I'm old enough to miss some of the ritual... it was nice to "make a space" and leave the world outside while tying on the belt.

On the other hand, spending half a class learning how to tie a belt around a gi is a waste of training time. Would a fitness place try to sell you a uniform? Probably not. A uniform with a skirt? No way!

digger said:
Find out if they make you wear a hakama. :)

Seriously, the Brazilians jettisoned a lot of stuff from the original Japanese schools to get down to business. I'm old enough to miss some of the ritual... it was nice to "make a space" and leave the world outside while tying on the belt.

On the other hand, spending half a class learning how to tie a belt around a gi is a waste of training time. Would a fitness place try to sell you a uniform? Probably not. A uniform with a skirt? No way!
I asked the guy if it was geared toward competition/tournament jiu jitsu or street practical jiu jitsu, he said it was the latter so that made me feel better.

Top Bottom