Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Haircut disaster!

nvrbuffenuff_girl said:
I'm in Florida. I paid $140 to have the extensions put in my hair. It took approx. 3 hours early on a Saturday morning...

Would you tell me where you got yours done since we're in the same area...I'd like to go talk to them!

Puddles said:
Would you tell me where you got yours done since we're in the same area...I'd like to go talk to them!

The place I ended up going to is a little over an hour away in Sarasota. This lady has been doing extensions for over 25 years. But has been at that same location for over 17 years. Her name is Cynthia.

For a long drive out it was well worth it!
Here is her website with information and her contact info. You have to call her to set up a consultation. She works by appointment only.
http://www.hairweavingbycynthia.com/homepage/

nvrbuffenuff_girl said:
The place I ended up going to is a little over an hour away in Sarasota. This lady has been doing extensions for over 25 years. But has been at that same location for over 17 years. Her name is Cynthia.

For a long drive out it was well worth it!
Here is her website with information and her contact info. You have to call her to set up a consultation. She works by appointment only.
http://www.hairweavingbycynthia.com/homepage/

Thank you! My mom lives a little south of there so sometime this summer when I go down to visit for a few days I should be ale to set something up.

Why are you having yours taken out?

Puddles said:
Thank you! My mom lives a little south of there so sometime this summer when I go down to visit for a few days I should be ale to set something up.

Why are you having yours taken out?

I really only got them because I was going away on vacation. Around here I could care less who sees my bad hair these days. I had already scheduled an appt. to have them removed. I'll miss getting out of the shower or bath and just letting my hair dry without having to put anything in to tame it.

Im very sorry dear.
Here is what I have to say. I always had long hair. One day my stylist was gone and this other lady cut my hair so short. She ddnt even ask how long b4 starting.
S..I got extentions. I pay 2ooo every 3mo. The hair is very very nice and extremely done well. The problem...now I keep having to get them..My hair undereath will not grow. When we took them out Sat to put new ones. I wanted to cry. Its xpensie so I wat the out because I now I a capable of growig it out if I would stop coloring it. Cloring it is what is screwing it up. Urgh!Good luck baby!

Are they straight hair extension or braids? I want extension, that are straight not the braids, most white girls look ridiuclous with those! But the places ive found they are upwards around 1,000$!!!!!!!

nvrbuffenuff_girl said:
I'm sure it would depend on the region you are in as well as other things.

I'm in Florida. I paid $140 to have the extensions put in my hair. It took approx. 3 hours early on a Saturday morning. Before I chose to get extensions at this particular salon I had several consultations and researched the different types of extensions available. I went with the hair weaving way. This way my extensions didn't need to be removed daily and put back in. This also promotes hair growth. They braid your hair across in several rows and weave the extensions into each braid. They leave out a row of your own hair on the bottom,sides and top incase you chose to wear your hair up. That way extensions aren't visible.

On top of paying to have the extensions put in I also had to purchase the human hair. I had a choice of either going to a beauty shop to buy a bag of hair which is synthetically created or having the lady at the salon handmake the hair to be used for my extensions. I chose the handmade hair as it allowed for a more natural look. The cost of four rows of handmade human hair was $125. But she gave me a 15% discount for being a first time customer.

So far I've had these extensions for three weeks. During that time I went away on vacation for two weeks. I really love them. At first I didn't but after a few days I fell in love with them. I'm having them removed next week though.

With weaved extensions you can keep them in for three months. Once they are in you can brush them like normal hair, wash them, curl them, color them, etc. Pretty much everything you can do with normal hair you can do with these weaved in extensions.

Might I make a suggestion about the extensions thing? Go to a place that primarily caters to women of color. Caucasion women know so little when it come to "false hair" and they get raped coming and going. I learned the little bit that I do know about false hair from my dancing days. I got a false ponytail that was JUST STUNNING - no one could tell it was fake, not even my own kids. It was a ponytail that practically reached my rear and had a nice strong wave to it. I paid $65.00 for it and thought it was a steal. All the girls at work were like, "GUUUUUUUUUURL THEY SAW YOU COMING!"... LOL

Anyways - feel you about the bad hair. A woman's hair is her crowning glory and regardless of whether it was a bad perm or dye job or shit cut if it isn't EXACTLY WHAY YOU ASKED FOR it makes you mad crazy.

If the cut is good (as you say it is) get over the fact that you are pissed and enjoy the style. (I know, I know it isn't what you asked for, but it has been cut so it is water under the bridge.) Get cute bandanas and hats, earrings whatever and just take a deep breath and realize that you are amazingly hot..... even if you were bald. Try and play w/diff products, etc until the style becomes "yours".

When life hands you lemons, just laugh and make lemonaide baby. ;)

PS - if it will make you feel better I'll loan you my birthday gift to wear. Black pearl and diamond earrings set in platinum.... but I have to keep the necklace to m'self as the diamond is just waaaaaaaaaaay too sparkly... An old broad like m'self needs all the help she can get! You are very young and spunky, bright, self-confident and beautiful inside and out... Dont let someone else EVER rain on your parade.

Anya.. i'm sorry gf.
maybe it won't be that bad in a week or two when it grows out of that initial REALLY short length.
go buy yourself some new makeup and play up your pretty features.

Werd said:
Might I make a suggestion about the extensions thing? Go to a place that primarily caters to women of color. Caucasion women know so little when it come to "false hair" and they get raped coming and going. I learned the little bit that I do know about false hair from my dancing days. I got a false ponytail that was JUST STUNNING - no one could tell it was fake, not even my own kids. It was a ponytail that practically reached my rear and had a nice strong wave to it. I paid $65.00 for it and thought it was a steal. All the girls at work were like, "GUUUUUUUUUURL THEY SAW YOU COMING!"... LOL.

That's so true.
My girlfriend in college (fair skinned red head) would go up to Harlem (early 90's - pre hip time for white people to call Harlem home) to have her hair extensions done.

becoming's avatar said:
Anya.. i'm sorry gf.
maybe it won't be that bad in a week or two when it grows out of that initial REALLY short length.
go buy yourself some new makeup and play up your pretty features.

Well that was 8 weeks ago and I've gotten about 1.25" back now. Looking better for sure. Also I've gotten over that inital shock and it doesnt look just insanely short anymore. My hair is naturally wavy so I've been straightening it to maximize the length I do have. By my bf's birthday (9/21) it'll be looking the way I intended it to look when I had it cut, which was more or less 6" layers.

What I regret most is that I tipped that dopey broad. arrrrgh!

Top Bottom