Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guess which driver's facing 21 years in prison — the drunk , rich, white one or the sober, poor, black one?

Re: Guess which driver's facing 21 years in prison — the drunk , rich, white one or t

Dial_tone said:
Since when has common sense trumped money in the legal system?

I see what you mean, but I hope that this is not the case. There are hard facts and obvious broken laws.

I think it's a couple of factors working against homie. 1)the fucking ridiculously draconian stance law enforcement has taken on drugs, 2)other party involved is affluent, and 3)The Blackness.

Regarding my first point, I knew a white dude in hs that hit and killed a woman while he was high and the police fucking drilled him. Our legislatures and law enforcement treat any drug involvement these days with extreme prejudice.

Re: Guess which driver's facing 21 years in prison — the drunk , rich, white one or t

Spartacus said:
guess which driver is a sitting US senator?

Bet his name isn't Kopeckni

facing 21 years doesn't mean he'll get 21 years.

and the article clearly shows it's bias when it paints a negative picture of that girl. Even talking about her 'bikini' pictures on myspace. Who cares. Why should the law care what she wears on myspace? I love journalism.

The circumstances of the accident is what's vital. Did her alcoholism play any part or could've prevented this accident? If the other guy was wrong in his turn - her alcoholism is irrelavent. That could've been me who died in that intersection.

This is clearly established in the justice system. People just wanna focus on irrelevant facts that seem to stand out.

If a police chase ends in a crash killing a 9 y/o girl, and another where a 42 y/o drunk illegal mexican dies - which police chase do you think gets more public outcry and media coverage?

This is a lopsided emotionally biased article. Therefore credibility = zero.

r

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law?
Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?"
- Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

Spartacus said:
"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law?
Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?"
- Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

pretty much. rich and for poor. oj simpson got out. scott peterson is in jail.

people want justice to be equal or biased (i'm sorry "favorable") when it suits them. Look at Jena 6. Let them go cuz they're poor & black. Screw fair and "equal". Saudi arrested for "terrorism"? Screw the trial, just hang him.

Sadly enough, where's the outcy when innocent people are put in jail. When justice fails. Like that guy last week. Where's HIS marches?

r

Top Bottom