Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Granola bars for cutting????

S

Stiffler

what does everybody think about Quakers low fat granola bars for a snack while cutting. they have 2 grams of fat and i think 19 carbs, and 120 cals. any sugestions???
thanks
stiffler

Personally I don't find granola to be filling enough.

My favorite snack is, 98% lean ham. 25k a slice 5 protein

Its very filling considering 5 slices is only 125k

well what I do is eat a G. bar with say a protein shake or to replace my AM oatmeal I usally only eat one a day never more than 10 a week...

If you're going to eat bars, look for ones with a high precentage of protein. Why bother, otherwise?

Depending on your genetics, you might be able to get away with it. Either way, I don't know why your having a low protein bar, unless your gonna have a protein shake or can of tuna with it?

I'm not familiar with the particular bar your refering too, but generally those bars are so easy to eat. I know they may have some fiber in it, but in my opinion its still evil. For optimal results I think its better to just eat 19 grams of carbs from oats(or most vegetables and fruits) versus that bar. Though, you still may be able to get away with eating those bars and staying lean. I think one problem is, for me at least, when I eat a bar like that I want to eat more and more, but if I eat oats I feel full with a lower amount of calories. What I mean is 200 calories of oats should make you feel fuller than 200 grams calories of bread or granola bars, at least it does for me.

When you are cutting you have to get high quality carbs (veggies and clean starches (ie. not processed))... those bars are loaded with sugar (probably what half the carbs are in the bar...) basically if anything is processed and low fat it is probably high in sugar (high GI too) which raises blood insulin and promotes carbs to be stored as fat.... plus they really filling you up... do some research on GIs (Glycemic(sp?) Indexes) and make educated choices for your carbs...

timing is also an important aspect as to when you consume your carbs... these bars may not be as bad for you if you're eating them right after your workout with a shake, (still not good), but in the middle of the day it's pretty much junk...

as for 10 grams of carbs a day WHAT??????? INSANE that is the body's energy source... not to mention the brain's... the amount of carbs you need depends on your body size ect ect, but keep it around 40% of your daily intake and you should see some results (with protien being 35-40% and heathly fats being 15-20%)... up the fats a little if you are feeling lethargic/deprived...

everything takes time, don't expect to see results overnight... give a diet 4-6 weeks at least before you give up on it

Top Bottom