Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gorillas don't eat much protein...

68GT350

A friend of mine made a very good point. Gorillas sit around all day and eat grass and berries and all this vegetable shit.

I don't know much about these apes but I know they don't eat all that much protein--maybe some bugs and stuff, but not a lot.

So my question is, how do they manage to build such incredible upper body strength on twigs and berries alone? I mean, lions and animals like that eat all meats and they grow muscles but gorillas... their arms are incredibly strong and I've never seen them take down a wildabeast for a snack.

What's up with that?

*Bracing myself for the flames!!!*

Gorilla's actually have a certain horomone in their body that allows this. It was rumored that Arnold and a few others in his time were experamenting with these with the help of doc's. I have no more info then that :)

hmmmm...

Crazy.

Now all I have to do is stop by the zoo with some of my darts and a bunch of bananas.

"Here, monkey monkey monkey.":D

It's an evolutionary trait. They consume MEGA MASS quantities of various vegetation from which they metabolize their protein needs. Hence this is why they have distended guts, to accommodate all the food they consume. They spend nearly every hour of their day foraging for food. The strength comes from their genetic make up. You could not get your protein requirements from eating as they do because your body is not designed to metabolize what they eat. Predators, meat eaters (aside from marine mammals) do not have distended guts because of the high protein diets they eat. Though humans gain body fat like no other land predator, prolly because we weren't meant to sit on our asses all day watching TV and eating cheeseburgers.

Strength..

Is also related to simple mechanics - i.e. muscle insertion points and simple leverage. It's not all about muscle.

If i remember correctly they eat a few hundred kilograms of vegetation. Assuming that the average 100 gr contains 2 grams of protein (just like vegatables) a gorilla eats about 2000 - 4000 grams of protein a day...

And the other thing about arnold experimenting with it, about 6 years ago (or even longer ago) Weider came with a product with a ingredient that gorilla's used to grow so much... As far I can remember though, it was something like that..

:alien: being human sucks, we have the slowest metabolism , because 20,000 years ago the guys who could suck up calories and turn them to fat were the metabolic winners, now we are stuck with those genes, but we have access to so many caloires and very little exercise, my feeling is chemicals are the way to go:alien:

From an evolutionary standpoint, homo sapiens were better served to develop acute cognitive abilities rather than enormous strength/size/agility/speed. Be happy for it, gorillas might soon be extinct.

Top Bottom