Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Training Split?

Suspension

Monday: *Deadlifts/Traps/Calves
------------------------------------------
Tuesday: Bench Press/Rows/Abs
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Shoulder Press/Pullups
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Tricep/Bicep/Forearms
Sunday: OFF
*alt w/ squat

-Tuesday and Thursday exercises will be alternating.
Example: Bench Press (rest) Rows (rest) Bench Press (rest) Rows.

OR

5 Day Split:

Monday Deadlift/Traps/Abs
----------------------------------------
Tuesday Chest/Rows
Wednesday OFF
---------------------------------------
Thursday Shoulder Press/Pullups
Friday Squat/Calves/Abs
Saturday Tricep/Bicep/Forearm
Sunday OFF

Last edited:
Is there a reason that you have back excercises spread out over 3 different days? If you put them together it will be much more effective.
How about this:
Put deadlift in with back (rows and pullups) and put abs on that day. Do chest with shoulders, and I hope that you are planning on doing more than just benchpresses! Do quads, calves and Hamstrings on the same day, and keep bi's and tri's together. It would look like this:

Monday (Quads hamstrings calves)
Squats 4 x 8
Leg presses 3 x 10
Extensions 3 x 10
Leg curls 3 x10
Romanians deadlifts2 x 10
Calves (2 excercises) 3 x 15

Tuesday (Arms)
Close grip bench presses 4 x 10
Barbell extensions 3 x 10
Pressdowns 2 x 12
dips 2 x 10

Barbell curls 3 x8
incline dumbell curls 3 x 8
preacher curls 2 x 10
Reverse curls 2 x 15

Wednesday
Off

Thursday (Chest and Shoulders)
bench presses 3 x 10
Flyes 3 x 8
Incline dumbell press3 x 8

Seated barbell presses 3 x 8
Seated side laterals 3 x 8
Lat raises 3 x 8
Shrugs 3 x 8

Friday (Back and Abs)
Deadlifts4 x 8
Pulldowns 4 x8
Rows4 x 8

Forward crunches superset with reverse crunches x 15

sat and sunday rest

This is more balanced, and you will definitely grow. Guaranteed or your money back!

I like to put opposing muscle groups on the same day. You get a huge pump from alternating rows/chest, etc.

I want deadlift to be a priority as i love the exercise. It needs its own day, seperate from back. I dont know about you, but after i get done deadlifting, i hardly have enough energy to do other stuff.

My back is one of my best features, and i have always spaced it out over 2-3 days.

Thanks for the advice, any other comments?

On another note:

If you give each bodypart its seperate day, you will be able to lift much more weight, than if you were to combine bodyparts.

Example: Chest/Shoulders-sacrifice shoulder strength because its performed after bench press.

But if you give shoulers its own day, with opposite muscle groups, you are able to lift a higher amount of weight.

That is why you switch order from week to week, but you can certainly mix and max muscle groups to be opposing- I do both. I understand your wanting to prioritize certain muscles, but you are doing it at the expense of others. It is only my opinion, but your workout split does not make any sense. why do one back excercise over three different training days? Is just doing the benchpress really going to do a good job of overall pec development. Also, shoulders do not need to be completely fresh to be worked effectively. Shoulders are a smaller muscle group= emphasis should be places on working all three areas of the shoulders, not just on how much weight one can shoulder press. by doing chest first they should be thouroughly warmed up. As far as deadlifts go, I find they work best on back days since they are technically working the back, but doing them does not tax the Lats. If you want to give them their own day, go to a five day split. I think you are leaving some things out. Just my .02

One more thing I just noticed, you are alternating squats with deadlifts. I don't think that is enough quads. Those excercise don't do the same thing. Deadlift= primarily lower back, hamstrings Squats= primarily Quads, glutes I would try to incorporate both into my workouts.

You still doing sumo deads, or have you gone conventional? I think the split looks good! Things I'd look for include:

1. Rowing performance decline from Monday's deads.
2. Arms overtrained: they're essentially worked 3 times a week
3. Deadlift affected by weakened grip from Saturday's forearm work. Maybe just do forearms on the Saturdays before Monday Squats.

Just things to consider though. I like this, and may steal it for a Hypertrophy/Neural phase. :D

Try this split:

Day 1:
Flat bench Presses 2 x warmup
3 x 6-8 reps
wide grip pullups 5 x 8-10

Dips 2 x warmup
3 x 8-10

curls 2 x warmup
3 x 6-8

Squats 2 x warmup
3 x 6-8

Day 2: rest

Day 3:

Military presses 2 x warmup
3 x 6-8

close grip bench presses 2 x warmup
3 x 8-10

DB curls 2 warmup
3 x 6-8

Deadlifts 2 warmup
3 x 6-8

Day 4: rest

Day 5:

Incline DB presses: 2 warmup
3 x 8-10

Decline bench presses same as above

Chins 5 x max

Hammer curls 2 warmup
3 x 6-8

squats 2 warmup
3 x 1-2 (heavy)

I go heavy on all of these exercises but not heavy enough that I don't get the required reps. I feel this is a great split to add mass and gain strength in the off-season. I switch to a 4 day split around feb. and go to a 5 day one around the beginning of april. Since I'm still natural, this split also allows a great deal of recovery time that I do need.

note* when the chins and dips become to easy I use a weighted belt to add extra poundage.

growin' said:
You still doing sumo deads, or have you gone conventional? I think the split looks good! Things I'd look for include:

1. Rowing performance decline from Monday's deads.
2. Arms overtrained: they're essentially worked 3 times a week
3. Deadlift affected by weakened grip from Saturday's forearm work. Maybe just do forearms on the Saturdays before Monday Squats.

Just things to consider though. I like this, and may steal it for a Hypertrophy/Neural phase. :D

Hey bro, thanks.

As far as rowing goes, my back can take a beating, and i know i will be able to recover.

I thought i may be overtraining arms, hence I gave a day in between each of them. My goal on this cycle is to increase bicep/tricep size. Ill be on enough shit to recover =)

Since ill be using straps on the deads, i dont think saturday's workout will hinder my strength any.

Top Bottom