Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Training Split?

Jguns:

the disadvantage of doing shoulders and bench is simple.

it prevents the muscle from getting trained fresh eg. if shoulder press comes after bench, the shoulder press loading is reduced as is the shoulder training effect...

More..

growin'-

I think i may switch to convential deads. Im a little worried cause last time i tried that, especially with heavy loading, my lower back got sore. I like sumo style! =)

[I understand your wanting to prioritize certain muscles, but you are doing it at the expense of others. It is only my opinion, but your workout split does not make any sense. why do one back excercise over three different training days?

A: Because #1 your back is comprised of the largest muscle group in your body. I feel that more detail should be given to this muscle group.

Is just doing the benchpress really going to do a good job of overall pec development.

A: I forgot to mention that I switch my routine up every 4-6 weeks. So 4 weeks flat bench, 4 weeks incline, etc.

Also, shoulders do not need to be completely fresh to be worked effectively.

-Yes they do! Read above post.

Shoulders are a smaller muscle group= emphasis should be places on working all three areas of the shoulders, not just on how much weight one can shoulder press.

A: military press is a compound exercise that works ALL muscle groups within the shoulder.

"I understand your wanting to prioritize certain muscles, but you are doing it at the expense of others."

That may be true, but thats a good thing bro! If I never prioritized muscle groups, I could not bring up my lagging bodyparts, my weak points.

This will probably work well for you for a few weeks, you handle higher volume much better than I do. I will start a 12 week arm specialization cycle as well, when I get back from the Honeymoon, if I can still walk :) Arms need work, and I need to work on lower/middle trap area (between scapula).

I have been doing conventional deads ever since my big cycle ended in an attempt to improve upper back. I am actually starting to get stronger at these than sumo. Wierd huh. I still sit back into the dead, so the low back is doing OK, but its hard to be as upright as in sumo. We'll have to train deads together again.

Are you gonna do this split with Anavar or while clean?

Your legs are a big muscle group also, why don't you spread those out over 3 days like you do your back? I really don't want to nitpick but do you really think military presses work all 3 shoulder heads? They do absolutely nothing for rear delts, and very little of the medial head either. Their primary focus is on anterior deltoids. Once again, the point of lifting for size and strength is to bring the muscle to fatigue. Your muscle does not have to be fresh to get fatigued. Have you ever heard of Pre exhaustion? Why did you post your workout routine for comments if you were just going to deflect any criticism? This routine is back (compared to every thing else) heavy and it puts everything else as secondary. No wonder your back is your best part, probably because you work that the hardest. I am not flaming you bro, but you really aren't open to other opinions. Maybe you are more into overall power movements and that is what you are looking for, but my routine is more along the lines of a bodybuilding/strength routine- it is meant to foster a more balanced physique. It was put together using weider principles and not unlike what many pro's do. of course, you would only do it for about one month until you switch to something else.

Last edited:
I use almost all compound movements, with a few secondary movements thrown in from time to time.

I have a nice back, yes, but as growin' or anyone else who has seen me, will tell you i am also very proportional. Working opposing muscle groups leads to proportion my friend.

Also, i am open to comments, but i will respond to those comments with my opinion. Fair enough isnt it?

By the way, my legs grow like weeds. They are my "genetically gifted" bodypart. I do not have to work them 3x/wk

Anyone else?

Yeah, Suspension is a bitch. When he was a 160lb weasel, he had calves bigger and more ripped than most 230lb guys. BASTARD GUY! :D

Top Bottom