Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Routine?

bigpoppadrew

This is the routin I am curently doing and it is working great so far. I want to change my leg day to a day of its own, where would be a good place to put it?

Monday(Chest & Abs)
Bench Press
Flat Flies
Incline Press
Incline Flies
Crunches
Reverse Crunch
Bicycle Crunches
Oblique Twist

Tuesday(Biceps & Triceps)
Standing Curls
Tricep Pushdowns
Hammer Curls
Close-Grip Press
Reverse Curl
21’s
Crunches
Reverse Crunch

Thursday(Shoulders & Abs)
Seated Dumbell Over-Head Presses
Side Lateral Raises
Front Raises
Seated Military Press
Shrugs
Crunches
Reverse Crunch
Hip Elevations
Side Weighted Stretches

Friday(Back & Legs)
Close-Grip Pulldowns
Bent Over Rows
Wide Grip Pulldowns
Calve Raises
Deadlifts
Squats
Leg Extensionsreps
Leg Curls

Any other changes that I could make? my problem areas are abs and shoulders. Thanks for any pointers you can give me. ;)

Drew... just a couple of questions bro??

Where are you in your training currently? What is your current goals as far as this training cycle? What are your stats and weight? Are you planning to do a cycle of juice or do it natural? How are your proportions and symmetry?

Maxmuscle66

Last edited:
My goals are to put on some mass while still staying cut, I am currently 6'0", 175 lbs, natural but I am taking creatine and whey protein(of course). I work out at home, I have a universal gym, barbells, dumbells, over 400 lbs in cast iron... maybe I'll get a gym membership soon but for now I do not have the $$ or the need for a membership. Anyway I was thinking of putting my shoulder on my chest day and moving my legs to my shoulder would that be a good plan?

Yeah, I'd split up back and leg day. You've got two of the biggest muscle groups there on the same day. That is weightlifting blasphemy.

And yes, without completely redoing your routine which you say is working for you, I'd go ahead and do chest and shoulders on the same day. Leave your leg day for just legs. Plus, instead of four excercises for your chest, arms, etc. I'd do three instead. If you do three intense excercises for each body part, you shouldn't have enough gas left for a fourth. Legs you can pretty much beat the shit out of for a day, but upper body, I'd stick to three excercises each.

Also, you've got three days worth of abs in there. Probably too much.

Hope this helps.

As I look over your routine....

I agree with "gymtime" you can do your shoulders on your chest day without any repercussions. The only concern that comes to my mind is, what are the sets and repetitions for each exercise.....
If you are exceeding the a total of 4 sets for any one bodypart.... you will always be in an over-trained state and will not get the gains you seek.
I believe that you can really mess up your training by over doing it.... now, if you are on the gear... you can train all you want and still grow.... but if you are going natural.... forget it... you will burn out faster than a flash blub in a camera...... if you want I'll give you the routine that I used to bring my body weight from 196 up to 234 in just over 5 months without the use of juice... however, I was on an off-season cycle.... notwithstanding that ..... it will aid you in your quest!!!

Maxmuscle66

Sure maxmuscle, I would appreciate that, how did you gain so much in such a short period? was it all muscle?. I do 3 or 4 sets per exercise except for 21's where I just do 2 sets. I usually use low weight for the first set of about 12-15 reps and work my up to my 6-8 rep max. I usually have quite a bit energy after workouts but my muscles are usually pumped and the creatine gives me a little boost as well. Thanks again guys for the help :D

Top Bottom